PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Back to lurker status

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

Back to lurker status Empty
PostSubject: Back to lurker status   Back to lurker status Icon_minitime12/12/2010, 7:59 pm

cheers

Been a while baldy so I thought I better check my post count before the server quietly put me out of my misery for being a non-active user big

Happy Holidays everyone Coffee

(p.s. don't think I'm not watching your post count Inspector, 888 today, impressive) haha
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: Back to lurker status   Back to lurker status Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 6:45 pm

seems like alot of people have gone back to just lurking, not me, i live my life threw the internet in the winter. winter fooking sucks. glad to see you are still here
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: Back to lurker status   Back to lurker status Icon_minitime12/17/2010, 12:50 am

I don't understand.. why are you guys lurking? knee surgery or something?? I've been riding a lot.. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Re: Back to lurker status   Back to lurker status Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 8:26 am

n16ht5 wrote:
I don't understand.. why are you guys lurking? knee surgery or something?? I've been riding a lot.. scratch

Mind you, I'm not complaining thumb

But its a bit of a challenge to take the DualSport for a spin through the woods when the woods are minus 11 degrees on Turkey day :Slaphead:

Winter doesn't start until December 21st and I've already got over twenty inches of settled hardpack due to the nice freezing rain storm last week
baldy

Had a doug fir unload onto my favorite tinkering shed, somewhere under the collapsed structure is my trusty 1985 Craftsman II lawn tractor and snow thrower. It'll be spring before I want to deal with it.

Back to lurker status Img_1310
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: Back to lurker status   Back to lurker status Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 6:28 pm

n16ht5 wrote:

ahh POO ! its cold and my balls look small enough with out sitting on a frozen seat.

just to squirlly on the roads around here to go out and ride. i hit snow as soon as i open my door ! wish i could just load up and go over to the wet side on the weekends.
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: Back to lurker status   Back to lurker status Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 7:30 pm

haha bummer about the tree though...

when it snows on the road here I just put screws in my tires. wimps
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: Back to lurker status   Back to lurker status Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 7:37 pm

n16ht5 wrote:

can you tell i am flipping you off ! haha
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Re: Back to lurker status   Back to lurker status Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 7:54 pm

Gahhh We had a few weeks of heavy, wet nasty, slush filled snow. It kicked my butt but now the temps are back down into dry dusty snow.

Your post made me go out to the garage to see if my bike was still there, it is... In all her North Fork dusty glory, right where I left it last time I rode. I guess a hot bath, oil, filter and valve adjustment will keep me busy into January.

Funny thing if I dig it out, I'd bet a buck she'd fire on kick two or three after sitting for the past two months. I've been tempted to put sheet metal screws in what's left of my tires and go chase the snow-sleds up the street! That'd be a fun way to neener neener some of the local yippies.

Hard to believe my bike is going to be ten years old this year and I've had her for four. By the way, the suburu is still running like a champ after all the initial timing belt/water pump stuff I did. I had replaced the right front CV when I got it, ended up doing the front left too.

Have a good week

griz

Back to lurker status Img_1311
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Re: Back to lurker status   Back to lurker status Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 7:56 pm

n16ht5 wrote:
haha bummer about the tree though...

Dang, I thought I felt a little hot air blowing through while I made my post.... LOL big
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: Back to lurker status   Back to lurker status Icon_minitime12/20/2010, 3:14 pm

tb GRIZZ is that a geo metro ! bought a 96 metro for $300.00 as a comuter in 2005. it only had like 90k on it. in 2008 i gave it to my brother in law in spokane and he drove it till this year, then he gave it back to a guy here in wenatchee. that thing was the funnest POS ever to drive. got like 35 mpg, and drifted around corrners in the winter time. if it wasnt for the wife holding me at gun point, i never would have gotten rid of it. it was like three diffrent colors and every panel was dented. it was a repo and the original owner dented every pannel on it before the bank came and got it. they are rattle cans but they have there place in this world !
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Re: Back to lurker status   Back to lurker status Icon_minitime12/20/2010, 5:09 pm

Yup that's the infamous "Geo-mobile" thumb
thumb
I've owned it since new in late 1994. Last year I've had some issues with it and that's why I bought that Suburu last year. Well, partly because my daughter needed a simple, reliable car and partly out of not knowing how much longer the Geo would last.

Original owner, 160,000 miles, still gets 45 mpg. Two winters ago it blew the cam seal out on the timing belt side. When I replaced the seal I put everything back together about two or three belt teeth off. Ended up pushing the distributor all the way over just to get it to run half way decent. I didn't put a timing light on it, just kept giving her throttle on/off and turning the distributor until I found a sweet spot. I'm pretty sure the timing is so retarded is why I've got no power right now (as if those three little cylinders make anything).
baldy
Drove it like that for a year but seemed to run out of oil over the course of a month, so I never got around to fixing the timing belt and putting a new ECR and SCR into it. I've read in several places it can pump oil into the air filter box at a rate of one quart a week. Not enough to run really bad, but enough to run it out of oil in a month.
scratch
I just havn't had the heart to fix it because it would mean I would be the family member getting stuck driving the little POS! Censored

Once I get my new job settled in, I hope to go through it and get it back on the road. My current commute is exactly five miles so I think I can handle driving it that far whether it runs good or not. usa

• abused, four wheel trailed it from Forest Hill Ca. to Soda Springs Ca. before they fixed the road in spring.

• one alternator after I cross connected a 1965 Cadillac and caught the cables on fire. Melted the alternator in the Cadi and the Geo was smart enough to turn itself off

• water pump

• clutch

• a whole bunch of tires

• a set of brakes

yada yada yada

Fifteen years and 160,000 miles at 45mph - Priceless!
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: Back to lurker status   Back to lurker status Icon_minitime12/20/2010, 7:54 pm

ha ha , mine was the high out put 4 cylinder (automatic). they even had a option for high out put spark plugs from the factory ! yea i put them in. haha
Back to top Go down
oring212

oring212

Bike : 2011 ktm 450 exc

PostSubject: Re: Back to lurker status   Back to lurker status Icon_minitime12/20/2010, 9:23 pm

n16ht5 wrote:
actually ya i just had knee surgery.
Back to top Go down
hugemoth

PostSubject: Re: Back to lurker status   Back to lurker status Icon_minitime12/21/2010, 6:53 am

My daily driver is a 93 Suzuki Swift which is basically a Metro with the 1.3L 4 cylinder 5 speed. A tin can on a skate board but it gets 40 mpg city and 50 highway, better than my old Goldwing, and it has a heater! Easy to work on and drives like a go-kart. Not only does it fit my cheap ass life style but it's a real chick magnet.

Shane wrote:
ha ha , mine was the high out put 4 cylinder (automatic). they even had a option for high out put spark plugs from the factory ! yea i put them in. haha
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Re: Back to lurker status   Back to lurker status Icon_minitime12/31/2010, 6:01 pm

hugemoth wrote:
My daily driver is a 93 Suzuki Swift which is basically a Metro with the 1.3L 4 cylinder 5 speed. A tin can on a skate board but it gets 40 mpg city and 50 highway, better than my old Goldwing, and it has a heater! Easy to work on and drives like a go-kart. Not only does it fit my cheap ass life style but it's a real chick magnet.

Shane wrote:

"chick magnet" lol
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Re: Back to lurker status   Back to lurker status Icon_minitime1/4/2011, 9:20 pm

he he, must be getting tired. big

Romantically Apocalyptic

good night...

Hide
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to lurker status   Back to lurker status Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back to lurker status
Page 1 of 1