PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it?

Go down 
+5
griz901
Inspector
craig2211
Hodakaguy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it? Empty
PostSubject: Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it?   Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it? Icon_minitime12/24/2010, 10:32 pm

So I was thinking about paying to change the forum name to PNWDualSport.com so it would be easier to find and we could include the address easier on our forum stickers. But...I found that the address PNWDualSport.com has already been taken by the website PNWriders.com and if you type it into a address bar it will take you to their site. Not sure if they had the name already registered before this site was created or after so we couldn't use it but it's gone none the less.

Anyways....should we change the address to something like PNWDualSport.net or ? to make it easier for people to find? Or is it fine the way it is?

Thought I would ask.

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
craig2211

craig2211

Bike : 2016 KTM 500 EXC 6-days

PostSubject: Re: Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it?   Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it? Icon_minitime12/25/2010, 8:14 am

How about PNWDS.com ?
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Re: Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it?   Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it? Icon_minitime12/25/2010, 8:25 am

craig2211 wrote:
How about PNWDS.com ?

Not bad...short thumb

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it?   Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it? Icon_minitime12/25/2010, 8:29 am

Hodakaguy wrote:
..... has already been taken by the website......

Yeah..."someone" likes to buy up domain names. ddog

*It would be nice if it was easier but.....if this is going to cost more and more as more and more (haha) people come onboard, (for bandwidth)
Back to top Go down

Bike : '82XL500R

PostSubject: Re: Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it?   Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it? Icon_minitime12/26/2010, 4:24 pm

Easier would certainly be easier to direct people to. Kind of a hard address to remember. Troy341
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: My two cents...   Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it? Icon_minitime12/26/2010, 5:21 pm

I would suggest leaving it the same unless you want to reduce hits to the website. Suspect

The thing is, the search engines are pointing folks to this forum when searching PNW Dualsport or maybe my limited knowledge of internet cookies has every search engine result showing this website first in the list when just I search?

I dunno, but I can still remember when I found you guys. I was looking for something regional, something more "dualsport," so back then my PC wasn't loaded with cookies to this place, and yet it still was at the top of the search engines.

I defer to some of you more experienced internet gurus, but I'd say word of mouth and the excellent hits are going to keep growing just the way it is. punk

:2cents:

griz
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it?   Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it? Icon_minitime12/26/2010, 9:00 pm

+1 i do remember when i was searching for DS forums for this area, this one was at the top of the list !

Just a little FYI
Back to top Go down
DoctorXRR

DoctorXRR

Bike : 2003 DR650

PostSubject: Re: Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it?   Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it? Icon_minitime12/26/2010, 10:29 pm

For what it's worth, PNWDualSport seemed a tad long and maybe not intuitive to users. If you shortened it, or made it more descriptive it might help? For example "PacificDualSport" or "EvergreenDualSport" or " CohoDualSport" or "Nord-west DualSport" just throwing out some ideas! I think going with .com may also be best.

Have you thought about a logo also?

Best of luck on developing the forum, I enjoy getting on here and taking a peek at my old stomping grounds...

Christian
Back to top Go down
http://ridedualsport.com/forum/index.php
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Re: Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it?   Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it? Icon_minitime12/27/2010, 5:07 am

Ok the official new address for the forum us PNWDS.com, it's short and should be easy to pass on to other people, place on cards/stickers etc. It shouldn't change the results of the search engines any...if you type in the old forumotion address it will still bring you right to this site. thumb

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
Inconceivable

Inconceivable

Bike : 2010 KTM 530 EXC

PostSubject: Nice and short.   Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it? Icon_minitime12/27/2010, 8:02 am

Great

Just the right length to scrawl on bathroom walls Hide
Back to top Go down
craig2211

craig2211

PostSubject: Re: Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it?   Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it? Icon_minitime12/27/2010, 6:38 pm

Sooooo what did i win for the new name ? new bike , a adventure ride around the world or be factory test rider ? cheers
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it?   Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it? Icon_minitime12/27/2010, 7:51 pm

I would change it again I don't think I can remember PNWDS.com big
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it?   Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it? Icon_minitime12/27/2010, 8:00 pm

craig2211 wrote:
Sooooo what did i win for the new name ? new bike , a adventure ride around the world or be factory test rider ? cheers
Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it? Orange-2

You win the Forum uniform. big
Back to top Go down
craig2211

craig2211

PostSubject: Re: Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it?   Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it? Icon_minitime12/28/2010, 4:32 pm

Hey thats the same out fit allen wanted to see me in scratch dont till me your having the same wierd thoghts scared
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it?   Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Domain Name - Should be simplify it?
Page 1 of 1