PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!

Go down 
+5
mamacone
YamWOW!
stuckinmud
hugemoth
Hodakaguy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Empty
PostSubject: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 6:35 pm

I was going to get my boy (3.5years old) a PW50 to start on...after doing some research I think I'm going to pick up a Oset Electric Trials Bike instead. I like the idea of teaching him to stand and learn better control/balance etc. The PW really isn't set up for standing very well. Also since it's electric its quiet, won't burn him if it falls on him, no gas to spill etc. They look like great bikes. They make a 12.5" model and a 16" model for older kids. Way cool punk

Here's a picture of one (12.5" model pictured) and a video clip off youtube of a kid showing his stuff on a Oset.

Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! 12-5-SPIDER

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Re: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 8:51 pm

Ok...this kid has skills to! Very cool thumb

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
hugemoth

PostSubject: Re: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime12/31/2010, 4:56 am

Looks like an ideal way to start him out. I wonder if electric is the future for full size trials bikes?
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Re: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime12/31/2010, 6:56 am

hugemoth wrote:
Looks like an ideal way to start him out. I wonder if electric is the future for full size trials bikes?

I think it defiantly has potential for sure. Modern light weight batts and the high torque of newer brushless motors would seem idealy suited to this sport.

I've always wanted to try trials...getting my son one may just push me over the edge and I'll get my own as well big

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Re: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime12/31/2010, 3:38 pm

hugemoth wrote:

Looks like GasGas is working on one...Very cool.

'

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
hugemoth

PostSubject: Re: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 5:51 pm

Just think of the control you could get with an optimized motor like a large stepper motor and controller. Could have very controllable motor braking and even reverse by turning the twist grip forward. Should be far superior to a gas engine. No reason you couldn't put the motors in the wheels, both wheels.

Q

Hodakaguy wrote:
hugemoth wrote:

'

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
stuckinmud

stuckinmud

Bike : BMW R1200GS

PostSubject: Re: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime1/4/2011, 4:40 pm

hugemoth wrote:
Just think of the control you could get with an optimized motor like a large stepper motor and controller. Could have very controllable motor braking and even reverse by turning the twist grip forward. Should be far superior to a gas engine. No reason you couldn't put the motors in the wheels, both wheels.

Q

Hodakaguy wrote:
hugemoth wrote:

'

Hodakaguy

Wow yes, I sure would like to have the time to work on this technology. It's only a matter of time before it becomes more affordable with absolute throttle/wheel control. The only synchronised stepper motor design I know of at this point is in the Brammo bikes. Have you gotten Ryans bike yet?
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Re: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 6:35 pm

My Sons 12.5" Oset arrived tonight cheers Found a dealer going out of business so got a great deal on it. First impression is that it's very well built and a lot of thought went into the design. Should be a excellent bike to learn on. Can't wait for him to get home from grandma's tonight!

Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! OsetCrop

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 7:13 pm

Will you adopt me! Drool
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Re: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 7:16 pm

YamWOW! wrote:
Will you adopt me! Drool

Nah...the suspension is to soft for you anyways big

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
mamacone

mamacone

PostSubject: Re: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 7:22 pm

Looks like a V brake on the front? Same on the Rear? Dad and Junior will have some fun with this.
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Re: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 7:29 pm

yep, and a band drum on the back. The larger 16" model has disk front and rear.

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Re: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime1/14/2011, 7:15 am

Well he was pretty excited when he got home last night. It fits him perfectly. He rode it a couple times across the front yard, if the weather holds I'll get him out to the park this weekend cheers

Hodakaguy

Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! IMG_0509

Trying not to smile big

Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! IMG_0510

Co-Worker loaned me this helmet..it's a little big so I think I'll look for a new one.

Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! IMG_0513

This look says it all.

Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! IMG_0512
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime1/14/2011, 8:07 pm

get the camera out we need some footage ! Thats awsome, hope he has a blast thumb
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime2/22/2011, 7:17 pm

Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Oset008

Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Oset007

Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Oset001

My kid just turned six. He got the Sixteen inch OSET for his birthday. He begs me to ride it. Mom said it was to cold today so he put all his stuff on anyways and we went out to play. wink
Back to top Go down
Murray211

Murray211

Bike : YZ250F, TRX250R, TRX450R & CRF230M/L

PostSubject: Re: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime2/22/2011, 7:36 pm

That's pretty cool! Go dad!

I'm in love with the Brammo Empulse :) Big people's electric street bike. Their other models are not as cool. The Empulse 10.0 (I think) will do 100mph and go for 10 hours? I think it's 10.

p.s. The video of the kid was great!
Back to top Go down
http://murray211.com
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Re: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime2/23/2011, 4:07 am

YamWOW! wrote:
Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Oset008

Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Oset007

Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Oset001

My kid just turned six. He got the Sixteen inch OSET for his birthday. He begs me to ride it. Mom said it was to cold today so he put all his stuff on anyways and we went out to play. wink

Looks like it fits him perfect! He'll love it thumb

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
Old Topanga

Bike : 2010 KTM EXC 530 Champion

PostSubject: Re: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime4/27/2011, 6:56 am

What a great starter bike. Must find a used one for my boys. Let me know if any used ones pop up. Thanks
Back to top Go down
pjturbo

pjturbo

PostSubject: Re: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime4/27/2011, 3:40 pm

That is great. I wish I had known about that 5 years ago for my grandson. (He's on a KTM 65 now.) I would like to have an electric trail bike. I could do without all the noise. 10 hours and 100 mile range would work good.

Phil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!   Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Starter Bike for Kids - The Oset Electric!
Page 1 of 1