PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles

Go down 
+5
Shane
Inspector
YAMAHAULER
mamacone
big jer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
big jer

big jer

Bike : XR650L , 990KTM

ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles Empty
PostSubject: ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles   ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 7:17 pm

sooo a couple of friends of mine went for a snowmobile ride sunday, went to the top of the mountain [ 7500 ft ] they dropped off the back side to do some boondocking. they kept goin down while trying to find a place to turn back up.well it kept getting steeper and steeper an the timber got thicker and thicker, and then it got dark! :Slaphead: soooo they walked back up to the top an down the trial to the main road [ about 8 miles Cold ]where we picked them up at about mid night. they said they had to crawl on there hands an knees to stay on top of the snow. monday they rested, tuesday they went back up with a very good rider who said he was sure he could ride them out for them. well now the sleds are waaaay down the side of the mountain, in the really steep and super thick timber baldy poser
i guess if it was my sled stuck there it wouldn't be that funny,buuut since it's not my sled it is pretty damn hilarious. so this saturday my riding partners and i are gonna take chain saws, a continous rope come a long, snow shoes ect. an go get them out. stay tuned there will be pictures!!! bananna
Back to top Go down
mamacone

mamacone

PostSubject: Re: ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles   ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 7:25 pm

Just put a paddle on the adventure and let mechanically declined brother pull them out.
Back to top Go down
YAMAHAULER

YAMAHAULER

Bike : '81 XT500H, 2005 XR650L, 83 Big Red

PostSubject: Re: ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles   ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 7:38 pm

lurk
Evil6
poser

A friend of mine had to have his sled hellied out. $$$ baldy
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

PostSubject: Re: ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles   ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 7:51 pm

mamacone wrote:
Just put a paddle on the adventure and let mechanically declined brother pull them out.

Gahhh ddog mechanically declined COUSIN [ cuz ] that moron is not my brother...........cuz by mariage too, no blood involved, lets keep this straight!!!!! Evil6
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles   ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 8:03 pm

YAMAHAULER wrote:
lurk
Evil6
poser

A friend of mine had to have his sled hellied out. $$$ baldy

scared
Back to top Go down
mamacone

mamacone

PostSubject: Re: ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles   ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 8:09 pm

big jer wrote:
mamacone wrote:

Gahhh ddog mechanically declined COUSIN [ cuz ] that moron is not my brother...........cuz by mariage too, no blood involved, lets keep this straight!!!!! Evil6

I could not resist, I knew I would get your attention. haha
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

PostSubject: Re: ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles   ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 8:35 pm

ddog nest only a truely twisted individual would insult a fellow honda rider like that. you should be ban Evil6
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles   ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles Icon_minitime1/14/2011, 8:14 pm

yes we will need a documentary on this adventure of yours ! lurk
Back to top Go down
dhally

PostSubject: Re: ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles   ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles Icon_minitime1/15/2011, 6:44 pm

It sure is easy to get sleds stuck. I suppose a rule of thumb would be not to ride down something into the unkown? Most motorcycles could be CARRIED out by a few stout souls. Or abandoned for that matter.
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

PostSubject: Re: ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles   ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles Icon_minitime1/15/2011, 7:47 pm

retreavel: day 1= epic FAIL!!!!

Censored Cold so much new snow we couldn't even find the sleds.there tracks are completely covered, Doah the only thing we have to go by is the sled's have an altimiter on them. so we used a gps. to take off at the right elevation. we have a general idea of a location,buuuut the terrain is steep, some places to get back up you have to kick holes in the snow and kind of go up like you were on a ladder.there for we must go out the bottom, the down fall trees are bad!!! looks like somebody spilled a box of tooth picks. and the standing timber is very thick. kind of like looking for a needle in a hay stack. myself an another fella started cutting a trail toward the general location the owner thinks there at, it was very foggy the day they lost the sleds. we got about 3/4 of a mile of trail cut. the weather was good all day but it started snowing on the way out tonight.stay tuned day 2 tomorrow, sure gonna Sleep good tonight!!!
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

PostSubject: Re: ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles   ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 9:10 pm

Doah day 2 fail again, warm weather has hampered the recovery. i spent most of yesterday cutting a trail to get one of the rescue sleds out. i left my sled in a spot, pointing downhill where i knew i could get out and walked in with my saw and cut a trail out to the main trail. hip to chest deep snow for a good 150 yards. that is tough going for an old fat guy. to top it off the guy who owns the sleds that are stranded, had a borrowed sled which i had to make a second trip back in to tow out after the motor quite last night.[ electrical issues ]Censored had to ride out with my sleigh that i towed up with saws, ropes , water , ect. then leave it at the truck and ride back in and tow out the borrowed sled :Slaphead: i feel bad for the guy, he's got $25000.00 stuck on the side of the mountain and his borrowed sled dies. poor bastard!! sooooo the saga continues.
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles   ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 7:28 am

withoutpics
Back to top Go down
dhally

PostSubject: Re: ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles   ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 9:45 pm

Hey bj did you ever rescue that sled? Or will you have to send a helicopter in the spring?
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles   ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles Icon_minitime2/11/2011, 12:58 am

YamWOW! wrote:
withoutpics
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
big jer

big jer

PostSubject: Re: ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles   ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles Icon_minitime2/11/2011, 7:22 pm

yes, both sleds have been rescued thumb i only got a couple of pics from the first failed day. i will post them up later. it was a tough go lots of saw work, come-a-longs and brute force!
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

Bike : '07 KTM 525 EXC

PostSubject: Re: ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles   ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles Icon_minitime2/13/2011, 10:18 am

Make with the pics and details of the rescue!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles   ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ha ha ha stranded snowmobiles
Page 1 of 1