PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's that time...

Go down 
+4
dhally
Inspector
YamWOW!
KatoomVictim
8 posters
AuthorMessage
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

Bike : '07 KTM 525 EXC

It's that time... Empty
PostSubject: It's that time...   It's that time... Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 7:29 pm

of the year for me to fix and repair and replace all of the broken and busted what-have-yous on my scoot from the previous season. Time for a new rear tire, new bars (which have lasted an extremely long 3 years of crashes), new grips, new mirrors (see bars), graphics (scuffed badly from said crashes), and many other misc. add-ons that I want. I need an oil change and valve adjust also. Since I'll be in the spirit of purchasing things, I may get a helmet cam to document all of my repair-causing crashes too.
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

It's that time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's that time...   It's that time... Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 7:30 pm

So do you guys replace and/or repair things along the way, or wait like I do and get all the use you possibly can out of your parts?
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

It's that time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's that time...   It's that time... Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 7:53 pm

As soon as I have a problem (even cosmetic) I'm getting it fixed. It bugs the crap out of me to wait. Probably don't need to be that way with a dirt bike. Gahhh Now I'm bored over winter.
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

It's that time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's that time...   It's that time... Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 7:56 pm

I'm starting to get bored, that's why I save my wrenching for when the cabin fever gets real bad!
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

It's that time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's that time...   It's that time... Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 8:00 pm

KatoomVictim wrote:
I'm starting to get bored, that's why I save my wrenching for when the cabin fever gets real bad!

I'm guessing you just aren't crashing hard enough. When I crash, SH*@ don't work anymore which forces me to fix it right away to keep riding. poser

*I have small stuff to fix that I been puttin off. partly cuz some of it will put the bike out of biz for a week or so and partly cuz i'm lazy.
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

It's that time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's that time...   It's that time... Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 8:03 pm

I crash plenty hard, but I'm usually the one that breaks while the bike just gets bruised!
Back to top Go down
dhally

It's that time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's that time...   It's that time... Icon_minitime1/15/2011, 6:38 pm

I try to keep up on maintenance type items - leaks, loose bolts, corrosion, wear, etc. Broken plastics or brackets can sometimes be fixed with zip ties, duct tape, baling wire or bolts/straps is it will stay put. Purely cosmetic items are ignored because the part will eventually be broken and I don't want to buy it twice!

I suppose if I had a really pretty road bike it would be different, or if I was younger and trying to attract attention....
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

It's that time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's that time...   It's that time... Icon_minitime1/15/2011, 7:38 pm

KatoomVictim wrote:

+1 thumb Hello

Cold

Back to top Go down
RENO

RENO

Bike : 07 KLR 650 2012 Cristini AWD 450DS

It's that time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's that time...   It's that time... Icon_minitime5/26/2011, 9:07 pm

griz901 wrote:
KatoomVictim wrote:

+1 thumb Hello

Cold

only time i can actualy plan for adding farkles. this winter im thinking recluse clutch
Back to top Go down
T.Low

T.Low

Bike : 2010 GasGas EC 450

It's that time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's that time...   It's that time... Icon_minitime5/26/2011, 10:49 pm

Inspector wrote:
KatoomVictim wrote:

I'm guessing you just aren't crashing hard enough. When I crash, SH*@ don't work anymore which forces me to fix it right away to keep riding. poser

*I have small stuff to fix that I been puttin off. partly cuz some of it will put the bike out of biz for a week or so and partly cuz i'm lazy.

poser

Awh, crap, why the hell am I laughing. :Slaphead:
Back to top Go down
C Denny Run*

C Denny Run*

Bike : 2011 DRZ400s

It's that time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's that time...   It's that time... Icon_minitime6/21/2011, 9:05 am

I haven't yet broken anything on the DRZ yet, but, I'm just like you. I wait to replace things like bent bars, levers, and such. It's funny how you get so use to riding with bent bars, that when you replace them, you have to get use to riding with straight ones. Ha ha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's that time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's that time...   It's that time... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's that time...
Page 1 of 1