PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

individual sockets

Go down 
+3
YAMAHAULER
mamacone
Inspector
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

individual sockets Empty
PostSubject: individual sockets   individual sockets Icon_minitime2/26/2011, 12:35 pm

I need a 22mm and 27mm sixpoint for 1/2drive sockets. WTF do i do???hahaha
Back to top Go down
mamacone

mamacone

individual sockets Empty
PostSubject: Re: individual sockets   individual sockets Icon_minitime2/26/2011, 2:40 pm

I don't like to but occasionally I will use a SAE socket, if it is all I have.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

individual sockets Empty
PostSubject: Re: individual sockets   individual sockets Icon_minitime2/26/2011, 4:19 pm

I ended up going to Harbor Freight. They never had individual until about a week ago, LOL. They also said they didn't have the 22mm...when I went down there they did. YES. Ended up breaking my dust cover so can't finish re-assembling everything. Boooo.

*I should post pics of my sprocket and such...man it's bad.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

individual sockets Empty
PostSubject: Re: individual sockets   individual sockets Icon_minitime2/26/2011, 5:27 pm

A lot of swearing, garage is a mess, I give up, no riding for another week, out another 25 bucks, that dedicated trail bike is looking better and better.
Back to top Go down

individual sockets Empty
PostSubject: Re: individual sockets   individual sockets Icon_minitime2/26/2011, 5:33 pm

Some times I have sucess at a pawn shop for tools that I need. You can usually buy just a socket or odd wrench there. They usually are not to bad pricewise. And you can get snap on, craftsman etc.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

individual sockets Empty
PostSubject: Re: individual sockets   individual sockets Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 2:56 pm

Well I went out to make sure everything else would work. I have NO idea how to install the chain. If anyone has any ideas on how to install the master clip style one....anyone close have a special tool??? Really....does anyone want to come over and do it for me????
Back to top Go down
YAMAHAULER

YAMAHAULER

Bike : '81 XT500H, 2005 XR650L, 83 Big Red

individual sockets Empty
PostSubject: Re: individual sockets   individual sockets Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 5:02 pm

Inspector wrote:
Well I went out to make sure everything else would work. I have NO idea how to install the chain. If anyone has any ideas on how to install the master clip style one....anyone close have a special tool??? Really....does anyone want to come over and do it for me????

poser
Back to top Go down
subeng

Bike : 2006 Suzuki DRZ400S

individual sockets Empty
PostSubject: Re: individual sockets   individual sockets Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 5:57 pm

Yep, Harbor Freight, ended up getting a whole crappy set for what I would have paid at Sears for a single socket.

Inspector wrote:

A super small visegrip (the needle nose type) on the center of the link until you get the one side of the clip on and then move the vise grip to the far side of the link pin that you didn't put the master clip on before. Getting the orings squeezed enough to get the clip on is pure hell.

Has worked for me, unless I'm missing something and this is an inside joke moderator style?
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

individual sockets Empty
PostSubject: Re: individual sockets   individual sockets Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 6:06 pm

This is what you need. Real handy to keep around the garage. Link Here: CLICK HERE

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Inspector
Inspector

individual sockets Empty
PostSubject: Re: individual sockets   individual sockets Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 6:23 pm

subeng wrote:
....unless I'm missing something and this is an inside joke moderator style?
Dude....i really wish it was Doah

Hodakaguy wrote:
This is what you need. Real handy to keep around the garage. Link Here: CLICK HERE

Hodakaguy

Guess I'll add that to the list for next time I have an order over $75orso. For now I'll just find some suc...er...friend to loan me one or help.

*I just spent a shi%-TON of money on stuff I've broken, stuff I shouldn't be buying, stuff I was hoping to get a deal on but didn't, and my extended family's emergency stuff. (crappity-smackity, that's not including mine and my sons light duty,stuck-at-home-with-nothing-to-do-so-lets-buy-stuff-to-keep-us-busy-bingeing)
Back to top Go down
ol guy

ol guy

Bike : 06- KLX 351

individual sockets Empty
PostSubject: Re: individual sockets   individual sockets Icon_minitime2/28/2011, 1:45 pm

I put the master link in a vise and pre press the plate on to the pins. that way it just takes a pair of pliers to compress the orings when installing on the chain. I also prepaire my spare masterlinks the same way.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

individual sockets Empty
PostSubject: Re: individual sockets   individual sockets Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 7:55 am

Alright, got my chain on. Obviously it's not adjusted since I have to take off the wheel as soon as the dust cover comes in but everything looks good.
Check out the new vs. old front sprocket.
individual sockets DSCF1622

*Do you guys clean off all the grease and then lube the chain? It's so damn thick the chain doesn't move easily.
Back to top Go down
Inconceivable

Inconceivable

Bike : 2010 KTM 530 EXC

individual sockets Empty
PostSubject: Re: individual sockets   individual sockets Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 3:15 am

Inspector wrote:
Alright, got my chain on. Obviously it's not adjusted since I have to take off the wheel as soon as the dust cover comes in but everything looks good.
Check out the new vs. old front sprocket.

*Do you guys clean off all the grease and then lube the chain? It's so damn thick the chain doesn't move easily.

Man you got your moneys worth out of that sprocket scared

I usally do not clean off the grease that the new chain is covered in. I only clean off the chain after I have been riding the first time and it has collected dirt and grit.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

individual sockets Empty
PostSubject: Re: individual sockets   individual sockets Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 6:13 pm

I hate my bike!!!!!@ Ordered the collar assembly and the baster#$# got one in for an "F" model. So now I got at least another week of no riding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

individual sockets Empty
PostSubject: Re: individual sockets   individual sockets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

individual sockets
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: General Bike Discussion-
Jump to: