PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arizona Vacation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Arizona Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Arizona Vacation   Arizona Vacation Icon_minitime4/1/2011, 8:18 pm

A few pics without a single motorcycle one Sad
Honestly there aren't that many decent pics. Most people get pictures of themselves or family members. My family (me included) hate pictures.

Started out at the top of Sabino Canyon
Arizona Vacation DSCF1634

We took the tram up and then hiked down. Wasn't far, but when you figure we didn't use any sunscreen....it was far. I bet my son he couldn't make it all the way down without boarding the tram or complaining. I owe him 5bucks now.
Here are just a few pics up near the top
Arizona Vacation DSCF1635

Arizona Vacation DSCF1636

Arizona Vacation DSCF1637

Arizona Vacation DSCF1638

Sitting down for a snack. Ground squirrels running around.
Arizona Vacation DSCF1639

Arizona Vacation DSCF1640

That's pretty much all of the canyon. Not much and didn't get much the whole vacation. I have more but need to wait until tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

Arizona Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Vacation   Arizona Vacation Icon_minitime4/1/2011, 9:33 pm

thumb

Arizona sunny

Montana Cold

Arizona vacation punk
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Arizona Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Vacation   Arizona Vacation Icon_minitime4/2/2011, 8:21 am

Relaxation time back at the house
Arizona Vacation DSCF1641

Arizona Vacation DSCF1643

Following day we spent at the Pime air Musuem

Only got a few pictures from the inside. They said that 70% of there collection was outside. We did end up walking around and looking at most of it outside, but kinda unimpressed. Mostly cause they have to paint them all over to protect the airplanes. Makes it feel more like a junkyard than a collection of museum airplanes.

Anyway, just a couple pics of the indoor airplanes with very little narration.

Smallest airplane (in the Ginuess book of world records)
Arizona Vacation DSCF1649
Arizona Vacation DSCF1650

Inside look of a jet engine
Arizona Vacation DSCF1651

Arizona Vacation DSCF1652

Arizona Vacation DSCF1653

Arizona Vacation DSCF1654

Arizona Vacation DSCF1655

Arizona Vacation DSCF1656

Arizona Vacation DSCF1657

Arizona Vacation DSCF1658

This has got to be one of the ugliest airplanes
Arizona Vacation DSCF1659

How sad. Didn't get any pictures of the most AWESOMEST airplane in the world. I would like to know which one they have in the Seattle Musuem. Someone told me they didn't have the SR-71?
Arizona Vacation DSCF1661
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Arizona Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Vacation   Arizona Vacation Icon_minitime4/2/2011, 8:31 am

Here the house than some views from it.
Arizona Vacation DSCF1670

Arizona Vacation DSCF1671

Out back
Arizona Vacation DSCF1672

Arizona Vacation DSCF1674

Sunset and other stuff
Arizona Vacation DSCF1664

Arizona Vacation DSCF1667

Arizona Vacation DSCF1668

Arizona Vacation DSCF1669

Arizona Vacation DSCF1673
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

Arizona Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Vacation   Arizona Vacation Icon_minitime4/2/2011, 8:47 am

lurk

I like the sunset shots a lot . nice
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
Inspector
Inspector

Arizona Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Vacation   Arizona Vacation Icon_minitime4/2/2011, 10:37 am

This should be the last installment big

The wife's been talking about horseback riding for awhile now. I've been looking into it and found a few places and been thinking about lining up something for her birthday, (don't tell her, but it all depends on what happens on mine Evil6 )
Anyway, I wanted to do some hiking and knew the family wouldn't want to go so had them go horsing around while I hoofed it around the Saguaro National Park. I left the camera with her to get some pictures after I left. Turns out the guide wouldn't let her use it do to "hands on the reins at all times". So we didn't get any good pictures of the trails.
Arizona Vacation DSCF1675

They either had to wear helmets or sign a huge waiver. I thought it kinda stupid, but since my son has never been on a horse....

Arizona Vacation DSCF1676

Stole a car and drove around. Son wanted to hit the mall for a while?!? Wasn't anything different from a mall here except for Headliners. New York Yankees is my sons little league team!
Arizona Vacation DSCF1663
Yeah, i got something done to...but no pictures of it.

That's it. Perfect weather. Came home to pouring rain.
Back to top Go down

Bike : '82XL500R

Arizona Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Vacation   Arizona Vacation Icon_minitime4/2/2011, 2:17 pm

Looks like it was a good time. I always love aircraft museums. The Museum of Flight in Seattle has an A-12, the attack version of the SR-71. They also have the unmanned ramjet drone that was designed to be launched from the back of the A-12 to take photos in areas that were too hot for the SR-71. The A-12 and SR-71 are almost indistinguishable from each other. If you can get to the Seattle museum, I highly recommend it. Their new(ish) display of fighter aircraft is worth several trips to Seattle. Troy341

EDIT
I didn't look closely enough at the pic of the SR-71 display and it shows the differences. Now that I think about it, Seattle may have the YF-12A, but I think it is the A-12. I volunteered there when it was brought up and got to work on it, but I can't remember now for sure which model they have.
Back to top Go down
pjturbo

pjturbo

Arizona Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Vacation   Arizona Vacation Icon_minitime4/4/2011, 9:51 am

Did you drive down the fence of Davis-Mothan?

Phil
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Arizona Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Vacation   Arizona Vacation Icon_minitime4/4/2011, 11:21 am

We drove Escalante Rd which is on the North side of the AFB. You could see a few rows from the street, but nothing like an aerial view would have been!
Davis-Monthan
AFB map

Arizona Vacation AFB
Back to top Go down
pjturbo

pjturbo

Arizona Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Vacation   Arizona Vacation Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 3:23 pm

When we were there, back in the pre-paranoid 90s. There was a once a week bus tour of the storage yard. You had to sign up in advance and could not get off the bus but you got to see a lot more. We did not have time to go unfortunately.

Phil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arizona Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Vacation   Arizona Vacation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arizona Vacation
Page 1 of 1