PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

overworked muscles?

Go down 
+2
Murray211
Inspector
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

overworked muscles? Empty
PostSubject: overworked muscles?   overworked muscles? Icon_minitime4/25/2011, 7:42 pm

*I'm bored...
so the Sunday before last I played my first softball games. Ended up playing an equivalent of 3games back-to-back. Been sore ever since. I also worked out (mostly stretching and light treadmill) the week after. Well Last Saturday ended up having to sprint a 1/4mile. Mile legs where VERY sore after that. Less than an hour later I had to flat out run that same 1/4mile (lost child and all that). Didn't go that good. My legs where on FIRE and I was hobbling along at the end. Anyway i'm still sore and have more games this weekend. I'm not going to work out this week.

Question is....anything else I can do to get ready for Sunday? I was practicing a new swing and ended up pulling my groin a little on top of all that Rolling Eyes

big
Back to top Go down
Murray211

Murray211

Bike : YZ250F, TRX250R, TRX450R & CRF230M/L

PostSubject: Re: overworked muscles?   overworked muscles? Icon_minitime4/25/2011, 9:36 pm

Don't exercise the same muscle groups everyday. Maybe try something like MotoXNutrition to help your muscles get more oxygen. Drink way more water than you think you need. Warm up before you exercise and stretch really well after. Bananas help your body get rid of lactic acid (what makes you sore).

Lastly, stick with it cheers
Back to top Go down
http://murray211.com
oring212

oring212

Bike : 2011 ktm 450 exc

PostSubject: Re: overworked muscles?   overworked muscles? Icon_minitime4/25/2011, 11:11 pm

1/2 oz of water per pound of your weight, with about 32 oz of that something with electrolites (sodium,potassium) helps rid the lactic acid,and prevents cramping. Just do some light cardio to get the blood flowing in the injured/sore muscles then stretch,stretch,stretch. If you want to build strength while gaining speed and endurance do very high reps 1 second on the lift stroke 2 seconds on the easy/relax stroke. This helps prevent injuries from fatigue.This works for me best. Plus it helps prevent arm pump when riding. Avoid low reps heavy weight......or just use the Shake Weight(whew that's it!) ....just kidding on the ShakeWeight part. So you Play sofTball. I'm going on my 12th season! I love Playing SoftBall keeps me in shape, especially tournaments. What division do you play. remember..... lots of water won't prevent cramping unless you keep up on th electolytes.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: overworked muscles?   overworked muscles? Icon_minitime4/26/2011, 6:16 am

This is only my first year playing. Really wanted to get a Co-Ed division going at work but couldn't get enough people interested. Only one lady was really interested so we found a local team to take us both. People are nice but they don't do practices.
So far it's a blast!
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: overworked muscles?   overworked muscles? Icon_minitime4/27/2011, 7:52 am

Sucks that I'm seriously thinking about turning down a ride on Saturday because I'm afraid my legs will give out before the games Sunday.
Back to top Go down
pjturbo

pjturbo

PostSubject: Re: overworked muscles?   overworked muscles? Icon_minitime4/27/2011, 3:48 pm

First of all if you're over 40 your toast. You will not build any muscle mass. Best is to train what you have. This will take time. Several months of regular workouts. You will be getting better about the time the season is over. Next year start in December to get ready. After 40 it's all downhill the best you can hope is to slow the descent.

Really old Phil
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: overworked muscles?   overworked muscles? Icon_minitime4/27/2011, 4:29 pm

Just friggen amazes me how long it takes to heal the older I get!
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: overworked muscles?   overworked muscles? Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 6:50 am

Inspector wrote:
Just friggen amazes me how long it takes to heal the older I get!

so this is what I have to look forward to? :Slaphead:
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
KTM Kirkland

KTM Kirkland

Bike : 2010 KTM 530 EXC Champion

PostSubject: Re: overworked muscles?   overworked muscles? Icon_minitime9/13/2011, 9:10 am

Looks like yer 40-ish? I just turned 47 and after the ride Sunday...well, it is Tuesday and my shoulder/neck muscles are STILL sore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: overworked muscles?   overworked muscles? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

overworked muscles?
Page 1 of 1