PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gifford Pinchot MVUM

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Venture72

Venture72

Bike : Yam TW200 / Suz RV90

Gifford Pinchot MVUM Empty
PostSubject: Gifford Pinchot MVUM   Gifford Pinchot MVUM Icon_minitime5/14/2011, 5:16 pm

I just picked a bunch of these maps for the Gifford Pinchot area where I ride. I think there are nine maps total. I see plenty of roads marked ok for driving on the new maps but the roads in question have either been gated and locked for years or have washed out bridges and have been designated on the forest service website for foot, horse or pedal traffic.

So if I motor up to a gated or road that a car can't get buy on.......

and the brand new USFS Map states the road is fine to use?!? What to do.....

Right from the USFS website

How will the MVUM affect my use of the Gifford Pinchot National Forest?

The main change will be shifting enforcement of regulations from a field-based signing system on roads and trails to the map-based system.

Instead of being informed by signs as to where you may or may not drive, you will now refer to your MVUM for this information.

---------------------------------------------------------------

So if this is the way it is I can ignore gates and signs saying closed and have some fun since the road is listed on the map :)
Back to top Go down

Gifford Pinchot MVUM
Page 1 of 1