PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New guy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
4stks only

4stks only

Bike : Honda XR650L

New guy Empty
PostSubject: New guy   New guy Icon_minitime5/20/2011, 1:24 pm

Hello Hodaka Guy you are my hero! You seem to be in all the cool websites offering so much intelligent information. I joined this site cuz well I live in the PNW and love it. Was away from riding for 7 years after a horrific get-off in Mojave Desert nessitating a helicopter ride to Loma Linda when my friend invited me to join him in Moab for a week in April this year and he gave me the bike he bought from me, as a gift. Good friend heh?
Couldn't hardly say no. It was fantastic. I got into the groove immediately and felt confident. Ok your saying get to the point. Point is=Dual Sport riding rocks and I love it. Have XR650L that is being converted to an adventure bike, will post progress. Major changes coming to it. Currently it has a big bore kit, XR's only ceramic coated headers and pipe. EAR Supertrapp muffler. XR's only disk brake guard, oversize bars, heated grips, GPS mount, Acerbis Headlight, Clarke 4.6 gal tank, pro-moto billet rack, double take mirror and cyra aluminum hand guards.
Changes planned: remove electric starter, install kick starter, install a dakar style fairing ( way cool ), add XR600 left side panel, build twin down pipes with upswept headers, add trail tech voyager, remove big battery and replace with Shoira. Make new single pilon seat. Pictures soon
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

New guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy   New guy Icon_minitime5/20/2011, 2:06 pm

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
Inconceivable

Inconceivable

Bike : 2010 KTM 530 EXC

New guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy   New guy Icon_minitime5/21/2011, 2:06 am

Welcome

I will have to say I have been lucky in the fact that in all my crashes I have never broken any thing on me. I am not sure what it is about motorcycles but I can not seem to stop myself from twisting that darn throttle to its stop wink Glad to hear you are back in the saddle again and that is one hell of a friend you have.

My friend I work with has his degree from Loma Linda (top notch Hospital).

Last year I sold my XR650L and moved on to the Orange Kool-aid OrangeCoolaid Not sure what your mix of riding is but for tight single track here on the west side the less weight of the KTM makes a huge diffrence, for that matter almost any of the newer bikes are a upgrade over the 650L out on the trail. Take your upgrade money and pull a Inspector and buy a deicated trail bike that you can plate after the new year. Logging roads for the 650L and a thrasher for single track. Just my two cents haha
Back to top Go down
T.Low

T.Low

Bike : 2010 GasGas EC 450

New guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy   New guy Icon_minitime5/21/2011, 8:11 pm

Do I spy rim brakes on your avatar? Suspect (Welcome!).

We should all meet for a ride over the pass to Tillamook sometime.

Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

New guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy   New guy Icon_minitime5/21/2011, 8:55 pm

Welcome to the Forum thumb and thanks, I enjoy posting up and helping out where I can...that's what these forums are all about cheers

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Sponsored content

New guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy   New guy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New guy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: New Members-
Jump to: