PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New guy from Covington!

Go down 
+6
Shane
SpanishFly
YamWOW!
Enduroguy
Inspector
C Denny Run*
10 posters
AuthorMessage
C Denny Run*

C Denny Run*

Bike : 2011 DRZ400s

New guy from Covington! Empty
PostSubject: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/1/2011, 7:04 am

Hey fellas. It's been a wile since owning a dual sport for me, but after four years, I finally got myself the DRZ400 I've been wanting (since they came out in 2000). I sold my XT600 before moving up here in 2008, and missed the hell out of it. Most of the people I know ride dirt and sand only, so for the last two years I've had an 07 RMZ250. It's been a great bike, but it was time to sell it, and get what I've really been wanting. I just picked it up last night from RMC.

Here are some pics of the 2011!

New guy from Covington! Dualsport1

It looks a little better in my garage..... I think.. Ha ha

New guy from Covington! Dualsprot

I'm looking forward to chatting it up with you guys, and hopefully going on some rides!

-Denny
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/1/2011, 7:31 am

Welcome, HI!

*Cool, your just a little closer to the I-90 stuff than me and I should also be getting my final parts to the wrr tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
C Denny Run*

C Denny Run*

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/1/2011, 7:40 am

Nice! Getting parts is always fun. Are there any trails by I-90? I'm not very familiar with the trails around here. I mostly rode the dunes in Oregon, and some of the hidden trails in the surrounding 10 miles.
Back to top Go down
Enduroguy

Enduroguy

Bike : 08 KTM 530 EXC-R

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/1/2011, 8:16 am

Welcome
That thing is way too pretty, I'm sure Inspector will help ya make it look more respectable soon. big
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/enduroguy35
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/1/2011, 8:59 am

Welcome! cheers
Back to top Go down
C Denny Run*

C Denny Run*

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/1/2011, 9:04 am

Enduroguy wrote:
Welcome
That thing is way too pretty, I'm sure Inspector will help ya make it look more respectable soon. big

Ha ha, yeah I know.... I'm not ready to see it get scratched! On the other hand, that's what I bought it for. It's kind of a bitter sweet thing. After a few trail rides that will all change though. I'm really looking forward to getting her out there, and and getting to know her. It's kind of hard to be at work right now!
Back to top Go down
SpanishFly

SpanishFly

Bike : '03 GG EC300

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/1/2011, 1:42 pm

C Denny Run* wrote:
I'm not ready to see it get scratched! On the other hand, that's what I bought it for.

Go out and buy a set of replacement plastic and a plastic oversize tank. Put it on before your first offroad adventure. Put the stock stuff back on when you're going to sell it.
Back to top Go down
Enduroguy

Enduroguy

Bike : 08 KTM 530 EXC-R

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/1/2011, 2:05 pm

Might want to get some rim locks when ya toss those tires asap.... Ask Inspector Doah
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/enduroguy35
Inspector
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/1/2011, 3:35 pm

Enduroguy wrote:
Might want to get some rim locks when ya toss those tires asap.... Ask Inspector Doah

Bwahahahaha....I took the rimlock off the wrr as it's not going to Walker anymore. I'll put it and the good tires back on come "Naches Time" thou
Back to top Go down
SpanishFly

SpanishFly

Bike : '03 GG EC300

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/1/2011, 3:40 pm

Enduroguy wrote:

Rim locks, "real" knobbies, heavy-duty tubes, bark busters, aftermarket plastic & tank... Also look into aftermarket headlight, taillight and blinkers. The stock lights aren't cheap to replace when they break. Nobody said this sport was cheap. Just ask my wife. big
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/1/2011, 4:28 pm

Welcome, nice ride !
Back to top Go down
cool1442

cool1442

Bike : KTM 950 SE

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/1/2011, 7:41 pm

Welcome. One of my friends has a 09 DRZ that is NEVER going to see a trail! When/if you start fitting it with more trail worthy bits and pieces, you might consider replacing the stock speedo instrument deealie with a Trail Tech instrument. The reason? I looked up the replacement price for an original DRZ speedo at Service Suzuki, my fav online OEM parts site. Guess how much the stocker is? Over $700!!!!!!!!!!! Unreal. When I looked for a Speedo for my XRR I almost got a Trail Tech, but I found a speedo form a XT250 Yamaha from a salvage place for $20. When it pukes or gets trashed, I'll reconsider another route. I know about the 3x3 mod and its posted here somewhere by me. Nice bike.
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 3:59 am

Welcome to the forum thumb Nice looking bike cheers

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
C Denny Run*

C Denny Run*

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 6:25 am

cool1442 wrote:
Welcome. One of my friends has a 09 DRZ that is NEVER going to see a trail! When/if you start fitting it with more trail worthy bits and pieces, you might consider replacing the stock speedo instrument deealie with a Trail Tech instrument. The reason? I looked up the replacement price for an original DRZ speedo at Service Suzuki, my fav online OEM parts site. Guess how much the stocker is? Over $700!!!!!!!!!!! Unreal. When I looked for a Speedo for my XRR I almost got a Trail Tech, but I found a speedo form a XT250 Yamaha from a salvage place for $20. When it pukes or gets trashed, I'll reconsider another route. I know about the 3x3 mod and its posted here somewhere by me. Nice bike.

That's some great advice Cool1442. Thanks for the insight! Definitely something I wouldn't have thought about, until it came up! Ha ha.
Back to top Go down
C Denny Run*

C Denny Run*

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 6:31 am

SpanishFly wrote:
Enduroguy wrote:

Rim locks, "real" knobbies, heavy-duty tubes, bark busters, aftermarket plastic & tank... Also look into aftermarket headlight, taillight and blinkers. The stock lights aren't cheap to replace when they break. Nobody said this sport was cheap. Just ask my wife. big

Yeah, this is soooo true. Ha ha. One of many reasons I'm going to kind of take it easy on it for a bit. Not only do I have to brake it in, but I can't afford to dump a grand in to it right now...... I'm definitely going to mod it up, but just not right now. It's my primary commuter, and will be for a while. I'm also saving up for an engagement ring at the moment..... Woman aren't cheap either!! Ha ha

Hodakaguy wrote:
Welcome to the forum thumb Nice looking bike cheers

Hodakaguy

Thanks man! I'm very happy with it so far. I really like the white! I haven't seen any of the white ones on the road yet.
Back to top Go down
C Denny Run*

C Denny Run*

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 6:37 am

Enduroguy wrote:

Great advise. Noted! So far I'm not impressed with the tires... Kind of loose on the street, and not good on gravel AT ALL! New tires, gell seat, and 3x3 mod will be first on the list. That'll probably all I do for a while.

SpanishFly wrote:
C Denny Run* wrote:
I'm not ready to see it get scratched! On the other hand, that's what I bought it for.

Go out and buy a set of replacement plastic and a plastic oversize tank. Put it on before your first offroad adventure. Put the stock stuff back on when you're going to sell it.

QFT! If I had the cash, it would be done already. Hopefully I won't have to sell it any time soon though! That would kind of brake my heart. Ha ha
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 7:35 am

Just don't cry when you do crash.

*I know this guy that had a brand new KTM out on some smooth forestry roads. Riding along, having some fun when down he goes. Didn't break anything, don't even know if he scratched anything other than his clothing being torn. It happens. big
Back to top Go down
C Denny Run*

C Denny Run*

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 10:35 am

Yeah, I know a few guys like that. They're kind of (not) fun to ride with. I definitely enjoy keeping my bike in good shape, and looking pretty, but it was designed for trail riding, and frankly won't look right with out some scratches. It has a skid plate, and I intend to use it! Ha ha
Back to top Go down
Backwoods Boogie
Backwoods Boogie

Bike : XR650R - Concours 14

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 3:33 pm

Welcome to the forum Denny..... thumb
Back to top Go down
Inconceivable

Inconceivable

Bike : 2010 KTM 530 EXC

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/3/2011, 1:16 am

Inspector wrote:
Just don't cry when you do crash.

*I know this guy that had a brand new KTM out on some smooth forestry roads. Riding along, having some fun when down he goes. Didn't break anything, don't even know if he scratched anything other than his clothing being torn. It happens. big

Lol Being that I am the GUY refered to above you are going to go down at some point. In this case I must admit I forgot to lower the air pressure in my back tire. I had done the front but was in a hurry and forgot to do the rear and it was at 28 psi. Doh. That along with adjusting the suspension and a new bike and being over confident made for a little off.

I all ways make sure The really expensive part (Thats ME) is well armored every time I ride.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/3/2011, 5:51 am

Bwahaha...man that was a fun day!
Back to top Go down
C Denny Run*

C Denny Run*

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime6/3/2011, 6:21 am

^^^ Ha ha.... Busted!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Covington!   New guy from Covington! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New guy from Covington!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: New Members-
Jump to: