PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
YAMAHAULER

YAMAHAULER

Bike : '81 XT500H, 2005 XR650L, 83 Big Red

A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd Empty
PostSubject: A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd   A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd Icon_minitime7/5/2011, 3:36 pm

After a long weekend of this in and around Orcas Island in the San Jauns,

A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd Orcas_10

I felt I needed to take the bike for a spin and test out the new giant loop.

A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd Img_1610

A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd Img_1611

My wife insisted on buying a bulky dslr camera a while back and still insists I am not allowed to take it on bike trips?! baldy
But I figured it was safe and sound in the new bag so I brought along.... big
A SWEET Curvy Road black top road you will find to the top. Most likely among the best curvies you will find. The next couple pictures are at about 3800' .

A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd Img_1612

A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd Img_1613

Between the ride up the mountain and the views from the top makes for a "must do" ride every summer! I had planned on stopping for a slice of pizza and a hefeweizen at the North Fork Brewery but they hadn't opened for the day yet. :Slaphead: (Note to self: Don't head off the hill until after 2pm.)
Just thought I would share a couple of photos, hope you enjoyed!
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd   A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd Icon_minitime7/5/2011, 5:01 pm

sweet pictures man. we need to go on a team honda ride :D
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
T.Low

T.Low

Bike : 2010 GasGas EC 450

PostSubject: Re: A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd   A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd Icon_minitime7/5/2011, 8:42 pm

Getting exclusive on us? If I can get a baby sitter, my wife will ride my '05 and we'll be team Gas Gas and give you boys a run for your money.

Oh crap what am I thinking; Ben flat tracking!?? Looks like we can' get a sitter after all.

We actually took the kiddo on a little hike at Doug Fir along Horseshoe Bend with KJ, his wife, and his good doggy. Looks like the temp gate at Glacier Creek Rd has a bike lane bypass. big
Back to top Go down
YAMAHAULER

YAMAHAULER

PostSubject: Re: A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd   A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd Icon_minitime7/5/2011, 8:43 pm

n16ht5 wrote:
sweet pictures man. we need to go on a team honda ride :D

Thanks! Sounds good to me! There is a good crew of guys to ride with up here.
Back to top Go down
YAMAHAULER

YAMAHAULER

PostSubject: Re: A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd   A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd Icon_minitime7/5/2011, 8:51 pm

T.Low wrote:
Getting exclusive on us? If I can get a baby sitter, my wife will ride my '05 and we'll be team Gas Gas and give you boys a run for your money.

Oh crap what am I thinking; Ben flat tracking!?? Looks like we can' get a sitter after all.

We actually took the kiddo on a little hike at Doug Fir along Horseshoe Bend with KJ, his wife, and his good doggy. Looks like the temp gate at Glacier Creek Rd has a bike lane bypass. big

Doug fir campground? We were pretty close to each other today then. You know I dont remember seeing any gates.... scratch .....I even talked to the forest service at the trail head....she was nice to me, I was surprised. Cool
Back to top Go down
T.Low

T.Low

PostSubject: Re: A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd   A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd Icon_minitime7/5/2011, 8:55 pm

Saturday, there was one of those mobile "Road Closed" gates at the bottom of Glacier Crk Rd, right off Mt Baker Hwy. Glacier Creek Rd is the next left after Doug Fir Campground, right? (I'm too lazy to go out to the van to get my maps).
Back to top Go down
YAMAHAULER

YAMAHAULER

PostSubject: Re: A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd   A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd Icon_minitime7/5/2011, 9:00 pm

T.Low wrote:
Saturday, there was one of those mobile "Road Closed" gates at the bottom of Glacier Crk Rd, right off Mt Baker Hwy. Glacier Creek Rd is the next left after Doug Fir Campground, right? (I'm too lazy to go out to the van to get my maps).

Glacier Creek road is about a half mile from the forest service station just after glacier. It heads up to the heliotrope and skyline divide trail heads. you may be thinking of the canyon creek rd.
Back to top Go down
T.Low

T.Low

PostSubject: Re: A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd   A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd Icon_minitime7/5/2011, 9:19 pm

I am confused, but you've known that for a while now.

Duh, Glacier Crk Rd was my first BDSR ride with you guys.

Maybe we should do Canyon Crk. I've taken the van up there, but there are more than a few spurs to check out.

And I've got my temporary plate, just waiting for an odometer disclosure form from the Gas Gas distributor. cheers
Back to top Go down
YAMAHAULER

YAMAHAULER

PostSubject: Re: A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd   A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd Icon_minitime7/5/2011, 10:00 pm

The road washed out this winter at canyon creek and I dont know that it has been fixed yet. Sounds like a recon mission for the big, bad, Brad Holley. big
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd   A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A quick ride up Glacier Creek Rd
Page 1 of 1