PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newbie needs gear...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mjn

mjn

Bike : '03 KLR 650

Newbie needs gear... Empty
PostSubject: Newbie needs gear...   Newbie needs gear... Icon_minitime11/27/2011, 1:21 pm

Ok.. I've been riding streetbikes for 34 years. I'm a big believer in proper gear.. not quite an AGATTkinda guy, but close. 90% of the time I ride my Sportbike, I wear my AStar jacket & trackpants, and Sidi Vertigo Boots. My street gear has been crash-tested a couple times, and it works.

The last time I owned a dirtbike was just short of 30 years ago.

I don't have the slightest clue what gear I should have for adventure style riding. I've been reading thru some of the threads in this section and have found them to be very helpful. I'm not a motocrosser.. I'm 50 years old, and just don't bounce back like I used to.

While I know the answers I'll get here will be widely varied, and it's akin to asking about oil or tires.. I'd like to know your opinions.

I have a pair of Firstgear tex pants that I'll probably use for awhile for dirt duty, and gloves are pretty simple.. looking for opinions on jackets & armor primarily at this point.

Talk to me...
Back to top Go down
dhally

Newbie needs gear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs gear...   Newbie needs gear... Icon_minitime11/27/2011, 8:40 pm

For adventure riding I wear motocross boots and knee/shin guards, and a street jacket with armor. My jacket and pants are both mesh but it's still too hot for single track. If the going gets slow I take off my jacket.

I also use a street type helmet for adventure riding so I don't have to mess with goggles.
Back to top Go down

Newbie needs gear...
Page 1 of 1