PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

40min adventure!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BRP

Bike : XR650L

40min adventure! Empty
PostSubject: 40min adventure!   40min adventure! Icon_minitime12/23/2011, 2:08 pm

OK, so normally this time of year I've got 2ft of snow in my yard. For whatever reason, this year I can still see the leaves I didn't rake up last fall. Anyway, it's cold (31 degrees at the bank), but the roads are dry. I forgot to drain the fuel in my XR650, and the trickle charger has been on the ATVs, so I thought I'd better fire the girl up and make sure she's happy.

I used the only helmet I have---------a Shoei MX style with goggles. That and some brown insulated coveralls, and leather work gloves and I was out the door. Life was good around town at 30mph but once the bike was warmed up I wanted to blow it out on the open highway. At 75mph closing the vents in my helmet didn't help much. It felt great to get out for a short ride, and I would have smiled IF my face had allowed it! I was smiling on the inside however, even after I started to feel like I'd fallen through the ice on a lake. Sorry there aren't any photos with this thread. Just visualize a large, frozen guy in brown coveralls on an XR650. The mental picture is probably more entertaining anyway. 40min adventure! 84165

A hot shower and hot chocolate and I'm GTG again. Anyway, I'd encourage all you DS'rs who have safe roads right now to get your bike out for a few minutes and blow off the cobwebs.

Merry Christmas
BRP
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

40min adventure! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40min adventure!   40min adventure! Icon_minitime12/23/2011, 3:31 pm

Got my pig out last weekend for a short bit. I it was in the low 30's. We should have snow now too, but not even a pinch on the grounds. I need to get out in the garage and do some fixen on the DR. Then, if there is money left over, I get to do some more farklin !
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

40min adventure! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40min adventure!   40min adventure! Icon_minitime12/25/2011, 12:39 pm

wheres the pictures?

if you get a good helmet and some heated grips, you can ride all winter 40min adventure! 5543

40min adventure! 803511.. MX helmets!
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
Sponsored content

40min adventure! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40min adventure!   40min adventure! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

40min adventure!
Page 1 of 1