PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bye Bye Hybrid

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Murray211

Murray211

Bike : YZ250F, TRX250R, TRX450R & CRF230M/L

Bye Bye Hybrid Empty
PostSubject: Bye Bye Hybrid   Bye Bye Hybrid Icon_minitime2/6/2012, 7:47 am

I admit it. I have a motorcycle addiction. 1 is not enough. 2 is not enough. Can't I just have 1 of each? That might be enough....

Anyway, I traded my CRF hybrid for a yz250f bananna The seat comes about to my eyebrows (slight exaggeration) but I'm going to try to ride it anyway. You only need to touch the ground to stop and start, and I only want to do 1 of each wink

In reality it will probably be a spare bike. I have a crf230, trx250R, trx450r, and now a yz250f. I think I'm pretty well rounded, but I would have liked a 2poke dirtybike. punk

Happy and sad to get rid of the hybrid because it was so fun, but I think the dirtbike will be fun too. Mostly going to use as a spare for friends, but a part of me REALLY wants to drop a little money into it so it can be set up for me. Happy

Dirt

Back to top Go down
http://murray211.com
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Bye Bye Hybrid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye Hybrid   Bye Bye Hybrid Icon_minitime2/6/2012, 7:57 am

sweet!!
Back to top Go down
Murray211

Murray211

Bye Bye Hybrid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye Hybrid   Bye Bye Hybrid Icon_minitime2/7/2012, 6:53 am

Yeah I'm going to take it for a test spin sometime the weekend of the 18-19 at Juniper probably. The Baja boys need to go out and do testing and I'll tag along to see just how hard I can eat some sandy dirt. I'm hoping not hard at all. big
Back to top Go down
oring212

oring212

Bike : 2011 ktm 450 exc

Bye Bye Hybrid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye Hybrid   Bye Bye Hybrid Icon_minitime2/7/2012, 11:31 am

I feel your addiction.... at one point i owned an 04 trx450r, 06 trx450r,04 ktm 450exc,and an 06. Rmz450 all at the same time....i loved having the veriety for racing and just riding.. now all i have is an 05 crf450r and a 98 cr125... i miss racing my quads. What exactly was your crf hybrid...do you have pics posted somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Murray211

Murray211

Bye Bye Hybrid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye Hybrid   Bye Bye Hybrid Icon_minitime2/7/2012, 1:40 pm

It was a crf 450 in a Lonestar built frame. 400ex geometry though, which kind of sucks, but it was a SOOOOPER fun bike when I could start it! Doah

Which wasn't often, so it had to go. - no SH*@, the guy I traded with started it 3rd kick. It was meant for him!

You race your quad much when you had it? You had quite the variety of bikes in your heyday! ahaha

my ad wrote:
Honda CRF 450R Hybrid (400ex geometry) - Really similar to all the other onees and takes a lot of 250R parts. Lonestar built these to compete with the 250R race bikes before anyone made a 450 quad. This one was built in 2003.

The Goodies:

2002 CRF450R Motor - brand new motor, less than 10 hours of dune riding on it. Little bit of work from Patriot Racing & S&S Motorsports
400EX Geometry Frame - Built by Lonestar Racing
Roll Design +3 A-arms
Chrome Lonestar Racing steering stem
Lonestary Racing swingarm
Yoshimura pipe - new packing
250R Radiator + inline temp gauge
TCS Motorsports Radiator Shrouds
Kill Switch
Fox Evols on the front - if you don't want the Fox's I can maybe get the Axis fronts back.
Axis rear shock
GPR Stabilizer
FCR Carburetor from CRF
Motion Pro Revolution Twist Throttle (with extra reels)
Pro pegs with integrated nerf bar
New Grips
Red Fullbore plastic (on it)
Extra set of white plastics (Fullbore?)
Extra set of (rear?) tires/wheels - sand tires not included
New chain & sprockets
ASV clutch lever
New TM Designworks chainslide

About the bike:
I bought it a year and a half ago on Craigslist, blown up. I put money into it to get it running and took it to the dunes twice. I got a Rekluse last year, but it hasn't been ridden since August 2010 (it was tuned on the dyno within the year, and I just started it a few weeks ago). I need to sell it because I obviously don't ride it enough! I have a 250R that I love and lately I've been riding my brother's YFZR at the dunes anyway. On top of that I'm moving soon and it's one less thing I'll have to worry about when I pack everything up!

If you don't know about these bikes, here is my take:
Overall this is fun bike. It rips around the sand, handles well, has all the go-fast stuff on it, and was built to be reliable. It loves to be railing in 4th gear and was a blast at St. Anthony's. It can be hard to start because you are kicking the starter backwards (like a Blaster) and you need a bit more leg than I have (I'm only 5'1) to make it easy. Be great for dunes or racing, but not good for wifey to tool around on the trails with - no offense to wifey, I'm a girl too, but this machine needs to be ridden like you stole it and if wifey is capable, by all means BUY IT FOR HER! I'm sorry to see the bike go but it's just the right thing unfortunately for me - lucky for you.

December 2011. Used the Rekluse when I rode it up the driveway to load:
Bye Bye Hybrid 35591_603199371853_39205130_34240824_8022610_n
In the shop with the old Axis shocks on it, right after I got it.
Bye Bye Hybrid 30178_571078242853_39205130_33291339_5660635_n
This is where I bought it from. Those shrouds aren't on it anymore.
Bye Bye Hybrid 30178_571069161053_39205130_33291254_708022_n

My addiction to motorcycles needs no 12 step plan bananna
Back to top Go down
oring212

oring212

Bike : 2011 ktm 450 exc

Bye Bye Hybrid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye Hybrid   Bye Bye Hybrid Icon_minitime2/7/2012, 2:36 pm

That thing is sick looking lots of goodies on it. I know those early crf450s were abit hard to start and had some issues with the intake valves. So That motor kicked backwards im guessing, compared to the forward kick. They put in the trx? Did you race that badboy at all.......i raced quite abit. Mostly offroad indurance races like gp s, harescrambles, xc, and a few mx. I raced quads from 05 to mid 08, then started racing my bike. I did really well on the quad but not as well on the bike, considering there is way more who race bikes with tons of talent.. im racing a harescramble this march.. just for fun. Ill have the gopro on so ill post video when that happens. i miss my quads, especially going to florence or winchester bay. Ive never been to st anthony dunes, i hear that place is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Murray211

Murray211

Bye Bye Hybrid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye Hybrid   Bye Bye Hybrid Icon_minitime2/8/2012, 6:29 am

I've raced a handful of times, but never this bike. I'm pretty involved with the racing community (I run Pittraffic.com) and went to quite a few WORCS races. I'm gearing up to do more local events for race coverage this year and of course, back to Mexico!

The bike was owned (2 owners before me) by a local Pro racer. I didn't know it because it was before I had a real awareness of the racers, but my boss recognized the bike from the plastic! And yeah, it had an extension on it, but you kicked backwards and your heel would hit the fender, which was really annoying.

I got a bike because there's more places open to ride when you have 2 wheels! Which is disappointing. Quads get a bad rap because we get lumped in with Farmer Squid and Joe Trail Rider. Sad I also got one because they are less maintenance, less to go wrong on one, and motorcycles are FUN!

The dunes are super fun, but holy SH*@ you haven't been to the dunes unless you've been to St. A's. 2 or 4 wheels, it's a kick in the ass and the dunes are massive! I had some video floating around, but I don't know where it's at anymore. Are you racing the EWDRA harescramble? I'll be in Mexico, but a handful of my friends always go. I raced it last year (but I'm so outta shape I was happy to finish 4 laps and not get lapped by the Pros). Bike numbers have to outnumber quads by like 15:1 easy as far as racing goes...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bye Bye Hybrid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye Hybrid   Bye Bye Hybrid Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bye Bye Hybrid
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: General Bike Discussion-
Jump to: