PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aloha!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dweller

Aloha! Empty
PostSubject: Aloha!   Aloha! Icon_minitime3/22/2012, 12:57 pm

Hi Guys,

Don (aka Dweller) here. I am in Aloha (Beaverton/Hillsboro) area.

I was checking out some vids on the OBCDR and found the ADV thread that Hodakaguy posted which in turn led me here!

I started riding back in the early 80s on a Hodaka Desert Rat and then an XR200. I loved both of those bikes, but we parted ways and it was many years before I was able to get back in the saddle. I knew though, when the time came, that I would want a Dual Sport. I love off road and love riding and the flexibility of a Dual Sport just seemed right to me. Little did I know what I was getting myself into! I picked up my bike, a 1986 XL600R, late last winter down in Eugene and spent most of last year out in the Browns Camp area. I finally got endorsed late last year and now the sky is the limit. I have more rides planned in my head than I could ride in 2 lifetimes, but that just means I have to ride more to get them all in. I am very happy to find a forum dedicated to us PNW Dual sporters and am hoping to learn a lot from the veterans around here.

This year I plan to put the Dual in Dual Sport spending more of my time on the road (to get to the places I REALLY want to be) and am heading out this weekend doing a loop out west of Yamhill out around Flying M Ranch. Where I go next, who knows but I DO know I will have a great time.

I look forward to getting to know all of you, and hoping to join some of you for a ride.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Aloha! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aloha!   Aloha! Icon_minitime3/22/2012, 2:57 pm

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

Aloha! Empty