PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rear Sproket Replacement Bolts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
4xPhil

4xPhil

Bike : KTM 530 EXC

Rear Sproket Replacement Bolts Empty
PostSubject: Rear Sproket Replacement Bolts   Rear Sproket Replacement Bolts Icon_minitime5/1/2012, 3:13 pm

OK, maybe I'm old school but I thought you were to never re-use rear sproket bolts and nuts. Many things on forum talking about KTM's having issues with rear sproket bolts coming loose. Nasty stuff happens!!! Some even say use RED Loctite. I have not had any issues using Enduro Engineering blots/nuts with blue loctite. Any suggestions or concerns?
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: Rear Sproket Replacement Bolts   Rear Sproket Replacement Bolts Icon_minitime5/1/2012, 8:20 pm

4xPhil wrote:
OK, maybe I'm old school but I thought you were to never re-use rear sproket bolts and nuts. Many things on forum talking about KTM's having issues with rear sproket bolts coming loose. Nasty stuff happens!!! Some even say use RED Loctite. I have not had any issues using Enduro Engineering blots/nuts with blue loctite. Any suggestions or concerns?

I always replace the bolts at every sprocket change and have never had a problem. The bolts will come with loctite pre-applied on the threads and that's all I've ever uses.

Bolts are cheap Rear Sproket Replacement Bolts 129847

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Enduroguy

Enduroguy

Bike : 08 KTM 530 EXC-R

PostSubject: Re: Rear Sproket Replacement Bolts   Rear Sproket Replacement Bolts Icon_minitime9/5/2012, 7:15 pm

Ill probably get flamed here but Im on my 4th rear sprocket on my 530 and Im still on the same bolts and nuts. The nuts are interference fit lock nuts so I dont even add loctite. 5000 miles and a lot of it rough, never had a problem.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/enduroguy35
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Sproket Replacement Bolts   Rear Sproket Replacement Bolts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Sproket Replacement Bolts
Page 1 of 1