PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Current Sport Rider..>Aspiring ADV Rider

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rodeojones

Rodeojones

Current Sport Rider..>Aspiring ADV Rider Empty
PostSubject: Current Sport Rider..>Aspiring ADV Rider   Current Sport Rider..>Aspiring ADV Rider Icon_minitime8/31/2012, 7:45 pm

Hey All,

I am from Puyallup Wa. and have ridden sport bikes for many years. I currently ride an 06 GSXR 1000 but will be selling it soon and beginning a new adventure in ADV riding. I am currently in the "recon" phase and trying to learn everything I can about the sport. From bikes, trails, equipment, you name it.

Hope to connect with some of you in the future and God Bless.

RJ
Back to top Go down
RENO

RENO

Bike : 07 KLR 650 2012 Cristini AWD 450DS

PostSubject: Re: Current Sport Rider..>Aspiring ADV Rider   Current Sport Rider..>Aspiring ADV Rider Icon_minitime9/4/2012, 7:46 pm

welcome. for me, it was a(07) klr 650. i got that so i can ride out on the hwy from tacoma to the FS roads around greenwater and have a little fun. its lighter than your 1000 but not by much, but seeing that you are comming off the hwy to dirt, something in that range will do for now untill you get the feeling for gravel and dirt under you. its a learning curve. if your anything like me or most people new to the sport, the 650 bikes are light enough to allow you to do trails but be carefull cuz those trails are addicting. soon you will want something lighter like a 450. a little light on highway but it is a kick in the pants on dirt and gravel and the trails are much easier to navigate hence, more fun.

im at the 450 range now (Christini 450ds) havent ridden the klr since i got the 450 and am working a trade for a couple of 2 stroke KTMs which are lighter yet. i figure after the 2 strokers, ill have found my size range. lol
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: Current Sport Rider..>Aspiring ADV Rider   Current Sport Rider..>Aspiring ADV Rider Icon_minitime9/4/2012, 7:56 pm

DR650 For me. They can be set up any way you want them. Better then tbe KLR on trails but still a heavy pig. I currently have been useing mine for FS roads and some adv. Riding. There is a big aftermarket following once you fimd the right people.

Welcome Hello
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Current Sport Rider..>Aspiring ADV Rider   Current Sport Rider..>Aspiring ADV Rider Icon_minitime9/5/2012, 5:44 am

Welcome, HI!

*i swear i've seen that avatar elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current Sport Rider..>Aspiring ADV Rider   Current Sport Rider..>Aspiring ADV Rider Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Current Sport Rider..>Aspiring ADV Rider
Page 1 of 1