PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Buying and selling privately

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Buying and selling privately Empty
PostSubject: Buying and selling privately   Buying and selling privately Icon_minitime8/14/2013, 6:39 am

So what are the tips and tricks?

Once I bought out of state.  They signed over the title and also had each of us sign some Idaho release thing.  I thought that was pretty cool for the seller.  Other than that it was up to me to hit the DMV within 15 days.

Also bought a car in state and they insisted on going to my bank since i was taking out a loan and legally the bank would own the car.  A little odd but I totally see their point.

Anyway.  Guy from Canada wants to look at my bike (i think it may be a scam) and want to have my bases covered.
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: Buying and selling privately   Buying and selling privately Icon_minitime8/14/2013, 6:51 am

Just sold a bike to a guy from Canada. Tell them to bring US cash, their banks won't have that much on hand short notice more than likely....so I told him to bring Canadian cash and stop at a bank on the way down to swap it to US cash. Worked great :-)

I wouldn't take a check...bank draft or not. 

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Inspector
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: Buying and selling privately   Buying and selling privately Icon_minitime8/14/2013, 7:38 am

Cool.  So I guess after money I really only need to sign over the title and fill out a Vehicle Report of Sale.  Can give him a paper one and the other just fill out online.
*Really that's all i need to do with any in/out of state sale?  Pretty easy I guess.
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: Buying and selling privately   Buying and selling privately Icon_minitime8/14/2013, 11:36 am

Yep it's that easy, get the money...sign off the title and odometer statement on the title....fill out your report of sale and that's it :-). 

You picking up another bike?  

Hodakaguy

Inspector wrote:
Cool.  So I guess after money I really only need to sign over the title and fill out a Vehicle Report of Sale.  Can give him a paper one and the other just fill out online.
*Really that's all i need to do with any in/out of state sale?  Pretty easy I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
dhally

PostSubject: Re: Buying and selling privately   Buying and selling privately Icon_minitime8/14/2013, 1:23 pm

Many buyers will also ask for a bill of sale, which can simply be hand written and signed. Some ask that a lower price be put on the bill of sale so they can reduce their sales tax when registering.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: Buying and selling privately   Buying and selling privately Icon_minitime8/14/2013, 3:39 pm

Yeah dhally...i've done that before big 
*doesn't always work cause they go by BBK.

Hodakaguy...I'll pick something up eventually.  Goal is to sell the YZ next year.  Really want to pick up a light mid-sized 4stroke with plate for my "Do-All" bike.  Or someone may sell me on a 300 2stroke and may not pick up a DS at all.  Don't know yet
All i do know is the WR sits there and maybe gets 2rides a year now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buying and selling privately   Buying and selling privately Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buying and selling privately
Page 1 of 1