PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why are libertarians to be considered moronic?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dhally

Why are libertarians to be considered moronic? Empty
PostSubject: Why are libertarians to be considered moronic?   Why are libertarians to be considered moronic? Icon_minitime10/15/2013, 11:33 am

I was asked this question in another subforum. I admit this concept is not my original idea. I probably picked it up surfing jomomma.

I think I understand the libertarian idea - minimal or no government. The reason I think that advocating it is moronic, is because it is extremely unlikely or even impossible to actually happen.

1. The biggest reason was stated in the original thread, and it's called "sheeple". Sheeple would not make functional libertarians.

2. There are ~200 countries in the world and no current or past examples of functioning libertarianism.

3. Even if it "could" work, there is no real world way to get from here to there. Dismantling all our various governments, along with all the people and businesses that are involved, would take a concerted long term effort by the entire country that just isn't possible given the polarization and multiple special interest groups involved.

So, even though it is an impelling concept, to think advocating for it could actually make it happen is magical thinking, delusional, or moronic.

Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: Why are libertarians to be considered moronic?   Why are libertarians to be considered moronic? Icon_minitime10/17/2013, 8:45 am

So, even though you think what liberarians promote is a good thing, you think they are morons because it is most likely not going to happen? Doah Doah 

YOU are the problem... sitting idle and mocking those who push for a better society on your high horse. What is your solution? What do you think we should do? Please enlighten us with your supreme knowledge. coolaid an east bound traveler by chance??

DUH it is probably not going to happen.. Does that mean we should just give up and get back in line with the herd?

Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
dhally

PostSubject: Re: Why are libertarians to be considered moronic?   Why are libertarians to be considered moronic? Icon_minitime10/17/2013, 1:00 pm

n16ht5 wrote:
So, even though you think what liberarians promote is a good thing, you think they are morons because it is most likely not going to happen? Doah Doah 

YOU are the problem... sitting idle and mocking those who push for a better society on your high horse. What is your solution? What do you think we should do? Please enlighten us with your supreme knowledge. coolaid an east bound traveler by chance??

DUH it is probably not going to happen.. Does that mean we should just give up and get back in line with the herd?

I don't think a libertarian society would be a good thing at all.  I said that it is an impelling idea, because the idea of being able to do anything I want to do and being able to prevent other people from doing things I don't like IS IMPELLING.  My main objection to libertarianism is that it would rapidly devolve into tribalism, gangs, or feudalism.  The modern world example would be Somolia or possibly Afghanistan, where there is limited goverment and rule of law.

I don't really think I'm causing a big social problem by making mocking posts on PNWDS.com.  Come on, I was replying to posts that were suggesting removing by force an administration that was legally elected twice.  Most people would consider those posts to be quite provocative, as I'm sure they were intended.  

As far as what do I think we SHOULD do, I strongly applaud some of tod701's efforts in advocating legislation.  Other than that and voting, I'm not sure there is a lot that can be done by individuals to improve things through government.  I recommend a more direct, albeit local, approach, through volunteering and charitable giving.
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: Why are libertarians to be considered moronic?   Why are libertarians to be considered moronic? Icon_minitime11/7/2013, 8:41 pm

I don't know what kind of planet you come from, but here in this country there used to be a thing called liberty, and it worked very well in the people's favor. :Slaphead: 

It is all sourced from money.

Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why are libertarians to be considered moronic?   Why are libertarians to be considered moronic? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why are libertarians to be considered moronic?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: Off Topic-
Jump to: