PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Power Distribution Block Plus Security

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Focker

Focker

Power Distribution Block Plus Security Empty
PostSubject: Power Distribution Block Plus Security   Power Distribution Block Plus Security Icon_minitime10/15/2013, 11:38 am

I scored a new Trail Tech 100W stator off of Amazon for $115 shipped and wanted a centralized power source to tap into for future accessories.  I found an inspirational thread on ADVRider but it's a high tech smart phone version not yet ready for sale.  I wanted something quick, cheap and within my ability.  This was a helpful write up - DIY Block..  I wired in a relay to only supply power to the fused distribution block when the key switch is activated.  The bonus with this setup is the Trail Tech Vapor won’t stay lit for 20 minutes after parking anymore.  The XC didn’t come factory with a key switch so that was another addition to my bike's wiring.

Parts from Radio Shack...Project box, terminal block and a jumper strip.  You can buy this already made from Autozone but it's over $80.  This ran me $20 (Only because I bought a milkshake from DQ while I was at the mall).
Power Distribution Block Plus Security Azpy

I split the block in half with the jumpers.  The bottom half is positive and the upper is negative.
Power Distribution Block Plus Security 6l30

Mounted on one of the fender bolts for easy access behind the headlight mask...No more running wires to the battery.  Make sure you have full turning range before committing to a location like this.
Power Distribution Block Plus Security 5nu2

Clean and ready for more accessories.  Right now the only thing running through this block is my TT Vapor.
Power Distribution Block Plus Security 9r08

My new keyed on/off switch and custom mount.
Power Distribution Block Plus Security 4gxz

Here is the wiring diagram...I'm a freak and installed a hidden kill switch as well.  The wires on my bike change color a few times in order to screw with hot wiring attempts.  Like I said I'm a freak...Will this stop thugs from stealing my bike? Nope...But at least they can't just kick start it and go.  I made a separate diagram than this one in order to help me figure out what I did (If I have to trace wires in the future).  This one is for you.
Power Distribution Block Plus Security Ne2u
Back to top Go down
http://www.xr650rforum.com

Power Distribution Block Plus Security
Page 1 of 1