PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-)

Go down 
+2
Inspector
Hodakaguy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) Empty
PostSubject: COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-)   COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) Icon_minitime1/2/2014, 5:33 am

5 of us went out for a New Years Day ride today.  Temperatures were in the 20's when we rolled out onto the roads, with freezing fog taking place at the time :eek1. Did a 50 mile loop in the freezing cold and had a blast!, although there was one casualty during today's ride :cry

Felt great to get out on two wheels, bad weather or not!  The weather did make the poof dust into nice solid dirt, the traction was awesome!  Can't wait to ride again. 

This was taken right after riding the rock caynon, we are now up on top of the Horse Heaven Hills overlooking Benton City.  It was extremely cold and windy up on top.

COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) DSC07837

Ice!  You had to reach up every 20 seconds or so and scrape the ice off your goggles with your finger or your goggles would freeze over and you'd have no visibility. 

COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) DSC07858

Craig all iced up.

COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) DSC07868

A little further down the hill we had a rocky hill climb, Craig was cutting over to another trail and nailed a rock hidden in the brush, sending him over the bars.  He quickly got up....with a swollen broken wrist :cry.  He called his wife to bring the truck and we waited with him to load his 530 into the truck.  Ended up being a fractured wrist, 6-8 weeks.  Bummer! 

Waiting for the truck to arrive.  It was extremely cold at this spot with blowing freezing fog.  We left the bikes run the entire time, mine was maintaining about 135 deg sitting there idling.  Brrrrr.....

Broken wrist...Uggg.

COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) DSC07855

COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) DSC07854

Trevor wearing his ice vest lol. 

COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) DSC07867

Hanging around waiting for the truck.

COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) DSC07861

Mike trying to keep his hands warm in the 525's exhaust. 

COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) DSC07862

A little further up the trail we popped out of the clouds into the sun, it was amazing how much warmer it felt up on top.  We rested here for a few minutes until the fog rolled in and the sun disappeared once again. 

COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) DSC07870

Trevor took this picture up on top of a really cool cloud formation. 

COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) ResizedImage_1388611747716

Another hill top off in the distance popping through the clouds.

COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) DSC07872

End of the ride for today.  Had a great time!  Could have done without the injury though! 

COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) DSC07881

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-)   COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) Icon_minitime1/2/2014, 11:06 am

SH*@!  I'm not one to let weather foil a ride on the trails, but a true DS ride????  I'd wimp out.

Sucks about the wrist...heal up
Back to top Go down
PeteN95

PeteN95

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: Re: COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-)   COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) Icon_minitime1/2/2014, 1:13 pm

That actually looks pretty fun, except the wrist.  It was warmer on this side and dry, but I'm still waiting for bone to grow around the plate in my arm.  Should be good to go soon.
Back to top Go down
oring212

oring212

Bike : 2011 ktm 450 exc

PostSubject: Re: COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-)   COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) Icon_minitime1/4/2014, 12:54 pm

Wow that sucks about the wrist! I hope for a speedy recovery!
Back to top Go down
purplepeopleeater

purplepeopleeater

Bike : 08 KTM 530

PostSubject: Re: COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-)   COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) Icon_minitime1/5/2014, 7:41 pm

It was a great DS ride, minus Craig breaking shtuff

I wore all the vents open on my jacket  Evil6
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-)   COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) Icon_minitime1/20/2014, 9:42 pm

looks like uh.. fun
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-)   COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COLD New Years Ride......Mostly a great ride :-)
Page 1 of 1