PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RSW Fork Brace for XR650L

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Flappy613

Bike : '15 Tiger 800 XCx , '12 Honda XR650L

RSW Fork Brace for XR650L Empty
PostSubject: RSW Fork Brace for XR650L   RSW Fork Brace for XR650L Icon_minitime3/13/2014, 1:23 am

For anyone interested in a bit of practical knowledge I can truthfully say that these things make a LOT of difference in the handling of the stock forks on the XR650L in loose gravel washes and square edge. Still a bit plush and floaty feeling but the bite and directional control are leaps and bounds better than stock. The difference is like riding a bike as opposed to a Sofa on shopping cart wheels and I don't care that Tedesco got a whip with one the stock bike sucks up front for average joes.
   I spent a week on mine in good ole Bend area in the triple digits and learned to hate the washed out wandery feel up front almost as much as the CV carb but when you're base lining a new bike it's best to take it one major change at a time so it was oil cooler and 606s for last year and just today I got to Diamond Mill with the brace on. 
    On slab it exaggerates the twitchy "dirt bike" feel to the extent of a bit of almost flickability at 60-65 as compared to stock which actually "seemed" better damped over rougher paved stuff typical of Oregon's north coast. 
     On the other hand I finally enjoyed riding the BRP off-road down windys over deep loose stuff. I'm pretty sure when I check my tracks I'm going to average 10mph faster than last Summer over the same stretch. Good enough to actually feel confident in second going downhill over 1 1/2 inch gravel six plus inches deep through the corners on the 15/45 road geared pig. Ruts from our quad riding pals are still not fun but are at least negotiable with the new found authority up front and I can heartily recommend the purchase of a fork brace in general and an RSW fork brace in particular. 

P.S. The aforementioned RSW stuff can be found on a well-known online auction site. Mr. Wallace also sells triples to mount CRF forks on the L model so if you happen to find a set of X model CRF forks/wheel for cheap......
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: RSW Fork Brace for XR650L   RSW Fork Brace for XR650L Icon_minitime3/13/2014, 7:20 am

Nice review.  Not a clue what it is even after my googlefoo Hello
Back to top Go down
dhally

PostSubject: Re: RSW Fork Brace for XR650L   RSW Fork Brace for XR650L Icon_minitime3/13/2014, 11:05 am

Inspector wrote:
Nice review.  Not a clue what it is even after my googlefoo Hello

RSW sells fork braces for the XR650L on ebay. They work well.
Back to top Go down
Flappy613

Bike : '15 Tiger 800 XCx , '12 Honda XR650L

PostSubject: Re: RSW Fork Brace for XR650L   RSW Fork Brace for XR650L Icon_minitime3/14/2014, 6:37 am

Yep,
What he said. RSW racing has a website as well if you want to browse other items not just what he has on the 'bay.
Back to top Go down
PeteN95

PeteN95

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: Re: RSW Fork Brace for XR650L   RSW Fork Brace for XR650L Icon_minitime3/28/2014, 8:58 am

I have one on my XRR, great product!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RSW Fork Brace for XR650L   RSW Fork Brace for XR650L Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RSW Fork Brace for XR650L
Page 1 of 1