PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

KTM/Berg kickstand broken

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

KTM/Berg kickstand broken Empty
PostSubject: KTM/Berg kickstand broken   KTM/Berg kickstand broken Icon_minitime7/8/2014, 9:55 am

I bent the bolt and broke the retaining washer on my Husaberg FE390 kickstand Sunday.. It uses the same kickstand as 2008-current KTM. It was parked on some soft dirt that swallowed the base of the stand, and when the bike fell over it broke the washer and bent the bolt. The eye on the kickstand also elongated a bit. Is there a good mod to make these stronger? I found Pro Moto makes a $142 replacement on cyclebuy, but I am not convinced that is worth it unless I can find some good reviews. Anyone have any input?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
mamacone

mamacone

PostSubject: Re: KTM/Berg kickstand broken   KTM/Berg kickstand broken Icon_minitime7/10/2014, 8:13 am

The KTM kick stands are weak, have seen several with misc. issues/breakage.  The PMB is a quality replacement.  Have witnessed a 200 pound person kick starting a KTM while on the PMB kick stand many times and no issues.  PS I believe trail tech makes a replacement as well but it is a copy of the original.
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: KTM/Berg kickstand broken   KTM/Berg kickstand broken Icon_minitime7/10/2014, 10:08 am

I found a temporary solution... I just can't think of spending $142 for a kick stand. If this doesn't work I might fab something up.
It feels more solid than the stock setup, I'll do some kickstand turns and find out this weekend

M8X25 bolt + 3/8 washer
KTM/Berg kickstand broken IMG_20140708_204110

I took the original bushing in the kickstand and milled it down to just a few thou thicker than the kickstand. lots of lubriplate and threadlocker.
KTM/Berg kickstand broken IMG_20140708_204508
KTM/Berg kickstand broken IMG_20140708_204919
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KTM/Berg kickstand broken   KTM/Berg kickstand broken Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KTM/Berg kickstand broken
Page 1 of 1