PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New guy checking in...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Papa5Rock

Bike : BMW 1200GS

PostSubject: New guy checking in...   12/15/2015, 11:42 pm

I tried one post yesterday but it looks like it didn't happen... So if this is a duplicate please delete.
My name is Scott, I ride a 1200 GS. Fairly new to the sport. I get to live at a place many of you may know, the old Flying M Ranch. Our portion is now called 5Rock Ranch, and we founded a ministry for fatherless families. 
Hoping to do two things... Hook up with folks like you on rides, and someday soon host some rides at the ranch. Look forward to making some connections.
Back to top Go down
http://www.5rockranch.com
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in...   12/16/2015, 4:56 am

Papa5Rock wrote:
I tried one post yesterday but it looks like it didn't happen... So if this is a duplicate please delete.
My name is Scott, I ride a 1200 GS. Fairly new to the sport. I get to live at a place many of you may know, the old Flying M Ranch. Our portion is now called 5Rock Ranch, and we founded a ministry for fatherless families. 
Hoping to do two things... Hook up with folks like you on rides, and someday soon host some rides at the ranch. Look forward to making some connections.

Welcome to the forum cheers . There are a few guys here with large adventure bikes as well, have to join up for a ride some time thumb

Hodakaguy

My Bike Setup List - CLICK HERE!

In Memory Of The Crewmen: CLICK HERE
Adventure is Out There NV RR:  CLICK HERE
Riding Through History NV RR:  CLICK HERE
Oregon Outback RR: CLICK HERE

Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in...   12/16/2015, 6:49 am

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
dhally

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in...   12/16/2015, 8:09 pm

Welcome!  In the 80s I would stage near Flying M and ride up into the TSF or over towards Trask.  I went up there this fall and it was all gated Sad.  Hopefully you will find the open routes!
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in...   12/24/2015, 9:11 pm

Welcome, I could hang with a GS. Now time to go Google the ranch
Back to top Go down
Papa5Rock

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in...   1/13/2016, 9:30 pm

Plenty of ingrates roads, and working on getting permission for an organized ride
Back to top Go down
Papa5Rock

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in...   1/13/2016, 9:37 pm

Meant to say plenty of non-gated roads to ride...
Back to top Go down
Flappy613

Bike : '15 Tiger 800 XCx , '12 Honda XR650L

PostSubject: Regards DS ride near Yamhill   1/19/2016, 1:42 am

Hello Scott.

1st off let me commend you for your ministry, the kids sure can use it. Secondly I'm frequently through that area (Carlton, close enough) on my usual DS bomber run west to Mt Hebo or north to Trask from Nestucca river road. I wouldn't recommend it right now as there is still quite a bit of snow less than a mile from the summit of Mt. Hebo (don't ask me how I know) and I'm guessing the trails to Trask are in similar shape right now. On the other hand Brown's and Diamond Mill are in pretty good shape since our logging friends have to have good roads to drive on. Lots of recent work on Diamond Mill in particular caught my attention as the freshly graded gravel is a blast to ride in as I'm sure you know! 
      At any rate if you are looking for someone on a larger bike to ride with I'm usually riding on Thursdays or Fridays although Mama has been known to let me slip the leash of an occasional weekend day as well. Especially if someone else is with me as then she feels safer knowing I'm not following my own nose alone out there. Oh and my name is Rick, I'm 51 and I generally ride my Tiger although I have an XR650L as well as several dirt bikes since I'm a filthy dirt biker by nature.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in...   

Back to top Go down

New guy checking in...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: New Members-
Jump to: