PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New to PNWDS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nakwakto00

nakwakto00

Bike : 2013 BMW F800GS

PostSubject: New to PNWDS   4/29/2016, 8:40 am

Hello. 
New to the group. Been riding since '72 but I took a break for 25 years to have a family. They're all grown up now and about 3 years ago got back to riding. I ride off-road - mostly logging roads, and pavement. Have a touring bike too - '06 BMW RT. Been getting about 10-14K a year riding.

Live next door to Capitol Forest so I ride there a lot. Don't do single track (I'm too old & brittle for that). I don't ride aggressive or fast. I like to stop every now and then and enjoy the views. I ride in the Gifford Pinchot too. Have done a few extended rides to Montana, Colorado, Utah, Idaho and Oregon. This coming summer have a big on/off-road ride planned to BC, Canada. Going to explore the Chilcotin area via Vancouver Island.

I really enjoy camping. Like to make good food when camping too. No Jet-Boil and can of soup for me. Like to explore the roads and explore food. A sip of whisky and a full gut after a long day of riding is the best. Although last year I did a solo trip that involved camping at hot springs each night and that was heaven. My motto is, "If you don't treat yourself right, no one else will." Oh and, "Anything worth doing is worth over-doing."

Looking forward maybe to meeting a few like-minded riders and perhaps doing a ride or two.
-don
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: New to PNWDS   5/2/2016, 7:26 am

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down

New to PNWDS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: New Members-