PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEW MEMBER FROM RICHLAND

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mrbsexpress

NEW MEMBER FROM RICHLAND Empty
PostSubject: NEW MEMBER FROM RICHLAND   NEW MEMBER FROM RICHLAND Icon_minitime5/5/2016, 8:56 pm

I'm Fred - been in Richland since 1977.  Been riding motorcycles since 1961 and we currently have about a doz in the sheds.  Some street and some dirt.  Only 1 dual sport at the moment - an old 77 Suzuki TS175 which is pretty clean.  Some of you may recognize my handle - mrbsexpress - from the concessions at Mabton MX and Horn Rapids MX - both operated by good friend Pat Jaquish who passed away this year way too soon.  Good rider/promoter adn a great guy.  Anyway  - there is a club in Pendleton called NWTRA.com who promote riding and working the trails at Winom Frazier Oregon.  They have monthly meetings and I think some rides down there but I haven't been there yet.  Gonna do that soon.  I too want to go to Moab but I don't know if I'll make it this year.  Girl Friend and I both ride Harleys, hers is a dyna and mine is an Electra and we try to go somewhere most every weekend during riding weather.  But I really miss all the dirt biking I'm used to doing and I plan to get another dual sport for her soon - a smaller one since she ain't very big.   We too used to ride at Ayers Road till  they closed it up and have not been to Hover for a while due to the amount of glass and rocks.  I hear there is going to be a cleanup there this month sometime - I think around Memorial Day.

I'm retired Air Force - had the good fortune to live in Germany and Greece and did some MX in Germany and play riding in Athens, in the early 70's.  I have been responsible for getting lots of folks into dirt bikes, and I have loved every minute of it.  I'm almost 81 - girl friend is only 54 so she has to work hard to keep up with me.  

I just wanted to get that out about the club in Pendleton - sounds good to me, and maybe some others in this forum.  I'm keeping an eye on this page and may get in touch with some of you for some riding.  Oh - one of my other street bikes is a blue "flying brick" 92 BMW K100 which I really like - its lots sportier than the Harley but girlie rides a Harley so I needed one too.
Back to top Go down

NEW MEMBER FROM RICHLAND
Page 1 of 1