PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Off topic, region specific.

Go down 
+2
YamWOW!
Buck Nasty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buck Nasty

Buck Nasty

Bike : '04 DRZ400, '00 CR250R

Off topic, region specific. Empty
PostSubject: Off topic, region specific.   Off topic, region specific. Icon_minitime5/13/2009, 12:28 pm

Hey guys. I have a buddy that lives in Kennewick. We're planning to get some guys together and camp and boat the Columbia. Are there any decent dispersed camping/boating spots on or near the river?

Thanks!

P.S. I may even bring the bike!
Back to top Go down
http://www.benddualsport.com
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   Off topic, region specific. Icon_minitime5/13/2009, 3:57 pm

Buck Nasty wrote:
Hey guys. I have a buddy that lives in Kennewick. We're planning to get some guys together and camp and boat the Columbia. Are there any decent dispersed camping/boating spots on or near the river?

Thanks!

What do you mean by dispersed? Some camp on the East side of Bateman's Island. I see people camping on the Snake also. I am fishing a bass derby this weekend on the local river.

Last edited by YamWOW! on 5/13/2009, 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dhally

PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   Off topic, region specific. Icon_minitime5/13/2009, 8:05 pm

I'm not a boater, but I don't think there's any dispersed camping close to Kennewick on the Columbia. Their is a bit of current and no shelters or beaches. I do think there is some camping if you go up the Snake river far enough, maybe past a dam. There are also some campgrounds.

People do anchor in the Yakima delta.
Back to top Go down
ol guy

ol guy

Bike : 06- KLX 351

PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   Off topic, region specific. Icon_minitime5/13/2009, 9:42 pm

I don't think there are any locks above Richland on the columbia. Below Richland there are lots of parks to pull into and several marinas. The snake has locks and you can go all the way to Lewiston. Also there are parks by the dams on the snake.
Back to top Go down
Buck Nasty

Buck Nasty

PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   Off topic, region specific. Icon_minitime5/13/2009, 11:01 pm

YamWOW! wrote:
Buck Nasty wrote:

Thanks!

What do you mean by dispersed? Some camp on the East side of Bateman's Island. I see people camping on the Snake also. I am fishing a bass derby this weekend on the local river.

By dispersed I mean, un-regulated, primitive areas where I can scream "F#CK" in a drunken rage at midnight. poser Thanks for the replies guys!
Back to top Go down
RufusRide

RufusRide

Bike : 97 XR650L (NOW A 670)

PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   Off topic, region specific. Icon_minitime5/15/2009, 4:40 pm

Sounds like my house on a saturday night!
Back to top Go down
Buck Nasty

Buck Nasty

PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   Off topic, region specific. Icon_minitime5/15/2009, 10:54 pm

RufusRide wrote:
Sounds like my house on a saturday night!

Let's hang out! :Cheeers: poser
Back to top Go down
Buck Nasty

Buck Nasty

PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   Off topic, region specific. Icon_minitime5/16/2009, 9:07 am

Well, it seems like primitive camping is tough to find in these parts. Any of y'all been to Crow Butte? Opinions?
Back to top Go down
richard.bessey

richard.bessey

PostSubject: Idea   Off topic, region specific. Icon_minitime5/16/2009, 6:45 pm

There is an island, above little goose dam you can boat to and do a primitive camp. Look it up on a map when you get a free moment.
Back to top Go down
http://richardbessey.com
Buck Nasty

Buck Nasty

PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   Off topic, region specific. Icon_minitime5/17/2009, 9:10 am

richard.bessey wrote:
There is an island, above little goose dam you can boat to and do a primitive camp. Look it up on a map when you get a free moment.

Thanks for the tip Richard!
Back to top Go down
RufusRide

RufusRide

Bike : 97 XR650L (NOW A 670)

PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   Off topic, region specific. Icon_minitime5/18/2009, 6:51 pm

You might try camping across from the gorge ampitheater when there is a good concert going. Its a big party most of the time and I believe its Public land.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   Off topic, region specific. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off topic, region specific.
Page 1 of 1