PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Exit 38

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Exit 38 Empty
PostSubject: Exit 38   Exit 38 Icon_minitime5/31/2009, 1:36 pm

Sometimes an adventure just isn't worth it. Sometimes it isn't until you get home, then you realized you had fun.

Left the house around 7:16 and headed out to where........North Bend of course. Seems I do a lot of riding out that ways. Wanted to do some scouting for a friend that is going out there next week. (Me tagging along hopefully). Found my exit followed that road for a little and next thing I know I'm back on the freeway. Shoot, missed my turnoff. Had to go up about 4 miles, turn around and come back. Debated getting gas, but then I would have to go back down almost 6 miles then come back. Passed on it. Now I wished I had filled up. It was a short trip.
Seems as thou I'm missing the first few pics. Maybe still in the camera. Anyway....bumpy road for about 1mile. Then came to a y. I took the road less traveled, maybe that was my problem. Should have gone left...

Road looked like this at one point. This was the smoothest part.
Exit 38 Image065
This pic is overlooking I-90.
Exit 38 Image066

Hard too make out but you can barely see a bridge down there. Pretty sure it is part of the John Wayne (something) trail. Did that a bunch of years ago on mountain bike. Had a 2mile long tunnel. Kind of cool.

Exit 38 Image068

Random pic of the road I was traveling.
Exit 38 Image069

Went over a washout that didn't I didn't get a pick of because I was able to keep going. Found some campers. Even though I was quiet and went slow, still scared a dog. Damn thing was running up the road in front of me. Finally stopped and waited for one of the campers to walk up and grab the dog since she wouldn't let me get around her. People were nice and waved on my way back later on, (while holding onto the dog this time).

Just about a quarter mile from them hit another wash out. This one was a LOT more severe. Should have turned around there, but wanted to try and keep going.
Exit 38 Image070

Scouted the left side and didn't think I could get across with the bike. Crossed the stream on the right and kind of found a way through. Re-crossed to get the bike and cross again. Then had to go back across to get my helmet and pack. My feet where wet and freezing.
This pic is after crossing the stream and getting up, back onto the road. Can you see the trail I took/made? yeah, me neither. Don't know how i did that one. Took about 1/2 an hour maybe longer all said and done.
Exit 38 Image072

This is to prove that I made it to the other side. Should have gotten closer so you can actually tell. lol
Exit 38 Image071

Now the road turned to this and I run up to another washout. Almost turned around again, but figured I could just skate around the side.
Exit 38 Image073

Came to a little clearing and found this. Thinking maybe some robbers splitting the loot?
Exit 38 Image074

After going through a few miles of this and getting knocked on the head quite a few times, I wondered how long the road would last.
Exit 38 Image079

And then this...
Exit 38 Image076
Couldn't find a way around/over/under or anything. If I had a riding buddy, would have been able to lift the tree and go under.

Don't know if you can see it or not, but my clothes where covered in pollen. Eyes started to itch like crazy.
Exit 38 Image075
I ended up hacking at the damn thing with a rock forever hoping I could get through, didn't happen. Got about a quarter way through.
Exit 38 Image077

And my final GPS
Exit 38 Image078

Back down around the washout I skated around.
Exit 38 Image080

Is this from a horse? Don't see how anyone could get up here like I did.
Exit 38 Image081

Random pic of the pretty mountains and snow
Exit 38 Image082

Now trying to get down the embankment to go through the stream. Not much of a trail, but was able to ride it down, through the water, then up the other side. Much easier this time around.
Exit 38 Image083
Exit 38 Image084

Nother one of the road, (if you can call it that)
Exit 38 Image085

Sounds like an adventure with many miles huh? Actually it was about 10miles total one way. Man that kicked my ass.

On the way back was cruzen along doing about 60. When I was forced to take an immidiate right, then a left, then whatever turns I could find. Pulled off to uhm...wait awhile. My boots still had water in them.
Exit 38 Image086

Fun times
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Exit 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exit 38   Exit 38 Icon_minitime5/31/2009, 3:07 pm

Just noticed the GPS. lat/long. and elevation are right, but the other info isn't. Wasn't on FS 9021 (I don't think), must have been close to it though. Also says I came from a dead end. lol

*hmmm. Guess it may be right.
Back to top Go down

Exit 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exit 38   Exit 38 Icon_minitime6/1/2009, 5:49 am

If I was quessing, that would be bear :yikes: poo in the trail. Looks like a great trip.
Back to top Go down
Backwoods Boogie
Backwoods Boogie

Bike : XR650R - Concours 14

Exit 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exit 38   Exit 38 Icon_minitime6/1/2009, 7:38 am

Some rocky roads there! Cool pics.

That looks like Bear scat for sure...... eek

And, an ATM machine. Damn thieves, thats ugly to find that out there....puke1
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!