PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag?

Go down 
+2
Inspector
treetops1899
6 posters
AuthorMessage
treetops1899

Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? Empty
PostSubject: Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag?   Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? Icon_minitime12/19/2009, 7:40 am

Anticipating 2010 touring season already! I'm taking a long look at the Great Basin saddlebag from Giant Loop Moto in Bend, OR (giantloopmoto.com). I really like the design and functionality. Anyone have any road/trail experience with one? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag?   Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? Icon_minitime12/19/2009, 10:51 am

Not me, but haven't met anyone that had a bad thing to say about them.

*I belong to another bike specific forum and the people that use them, love them.

**edit....My buddies that ride KLR's all use some sort of hard luggage. Pelican and the like.
Back to top Go down
mamacone

mamacone

PostSubject: Giant loop   Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? Icon_minitime12/19/2009, 6:09 pm

Six of us did a non-supported 6 day adventure this past fall and five of us had the original Giant-loop. They work great. Even fully loaded you can still ride like a dirt bike is made to ride. They hold more than you think. I believe the Great basin is even better, I love the soft luggage and no additional racks are needed. Good Product, built well, very sturdy and less likely to tear up your legs, ankles, feet etc. in a crash.
Back to top Go down
Backwoods Boogie
Backwoods Boogie

Bike : XR650R - Concours 14

PostSubject: Re: Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag?   Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? Icon_minitime12/19/2009, 6:14 pm

Yeah, what mamacone said.....Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? 392435

I've got the "original" bolt-on giantloop bag.

It works great all loaded down, I don't even know it's back there. The materials are bulletproof too.

My next purchase from Wachs will be the Coyote bag and a newly designed tank bag.

Great guys to deal with.
Back to top Go down
treetops1899

PostSubject: Re: Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag?   Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? Icon_minitime12/19/2009, 11:06 pm

Thanks for the input, sounds like a winner!
Back to top Go down
mamacone

mamacone

PostSubject: Atomic moto   Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? Icon_minitime12/20/2009, 3:33 pm

Atomic Moto is a good guy to buy from, I have bought several items from them and have been very satisfied.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag?   Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? Icon_minitime12/20/2009, 4:18 pm

mamacone wrote:
Atomic Moto is a good guy to buy from, I have bought several items from them and have been very satisfied.

+1
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag?   Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? Icon_minitime1/2/2010, 5:52 pm

Myself and 5 others did an 1100 mile trip this summer through the outbacks of Eastern Oregon (CLICK HERE TO SEE THE RIDE REPORT). 5 out of the 6 riders on the trip used the Giant Loop luggage system (Available Here).

The Loops are made in Oregon and the quality/fit is second to none! Everyone on the trip had nothing but good to say about them. Holds everything very tight and secure, nothing shifts while riding/jumping ect. Also I like the fact that there is no frame to break if you crash making it very reliable. We all used the older model that bolts to your plastic on the bike, he has since released a second version that is made of a waterproof material and straps to the bike...even better!

You can get a lot of stuff into these bags with a little careful packing.

Anyways here's some pictures from our trip and the luggage system.

At camp along the trail...

Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? IMG_3501-1

Loaded Up....

Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? IMG_3634-1

Gear taken out of the luggage system, I like to keep a lot of stuff in
separate little dry bags. Makes it easier to get to a certain item when
your on the trail and keeps everything waterproof.

Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? IMG_4032

And unpacked from the dry bags. Lots-o-stufff all from the Giant Loop and one orange dry bag.

Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? IMG_4033

Hodakaguy

If your looking for luggage I would Highly Recommended The Giant Loop System....and the customer service is top notch Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? 61865
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
treetops1899

PostSubject: Re: Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag?   Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? Icon_minitime1/3/2010, 1:08 pm

Thanks for the pics and additional input! I'm sold. Gonna make a little bread, then cough it up for one. BTW don't know which to be more jealous of -- your KTM or your Cub! I've been a pilot since '77 but haven't flown much last 15 yrs. Riding is very similar to flying imho...
Back to top Go down
Backwoods Boogie
Backwoods Boogie

Bike : XR650R - Concours 14

PostSubject: Re: Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag?   Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? Icon_minitime1/11/2010, 9:04 am

I'm waiting on Wachs' new style tank bag.

Here's the prototype.....kind of a mini version of the Coyote bag.

Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? 759517749_P2ovs-M
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag?   Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 6:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag?   Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Giant Loop Moto Saddlebag?
Page 1 of 1