PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saddlebags anyone! Fieldsheer Expander

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Empty
PostSubject: Saddlebags anyone! Fieldsheer Expander   Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Icon_minitime2/3/2010, 6:50 pm

UPS stopped by the house today! Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 541814

Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Img_0510
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Different strokes for different folks...   Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Icon_minitime2/3/2010, 7:00 pm

Ok, before you all go bonkers on me for not buying the "other" brand bags... Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 587450

Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 1573 This past year has been a hard one, for a lot of people across our country Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 1573

There was a time when scraping up a hundred bucks for farkles was no big deal, now is not one of those times in my home. Disclaimer: I count my blessings every day and respect those who have it a bit tougher than I do.

Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Img_0511
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Cut to the chase...   Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Icon_minitime2/3/2010, 7:15 pm

Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 675814 Why did I get the Fieldsheer Expander? Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 241248

Because I think they are a GREAT value. Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 294495

Because many others have used them. Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 234168

But most of all... Prices are down, like $72.99 down. Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 129847

Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Img_0512
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Props to a lot of vendors   Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Icon_minitime2/3/2010, 7:21 pm

Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 84165 Something happened the other night Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 84165

The wife suggested "it would be good for me" to take a couple of the trips I passed up in 2009. Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 675814

So I started watching New Enough for clearance items and for some reason they have luggage right now. I've been watching PNW's banner ads, good vendors, every one of them, props to each. But I've spend a lot of money with New Enough and I find value in their prices and customer service.

Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Img_0513
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: Saddlebags anyone! Fieldsheer Expander   Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Icon_minitime2/3/2010, 7:26 pm

Look Great Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 5543 Newenough has some great deals, scored a set of boots from them once. I really need to check them out more often than I do.

So what trips are you planning on taking this summer?

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Backwoods Boogie
Backwoods Boogie

Bike : XR650R - Concours 14

PostSubject: Re: Saddlebags anyone! Fieldsheer Expander   Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Icon_minitime2/3/2010, 7:30 pm

griz901 wrote:
The wife suggested it would be "good for me" to take a couple of the trips I passed up in 2009. Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 675814

Now, that's something a fellow doesn't hear every day.....or ever!

Nice score on the bags..... Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 5543
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: In the end (not mine!)   Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Icon_minitime2/3/2010, 7:31 pm

So without beating a dead horse (that I can't seem to load from smileys right now), I'll get these mounted up and let you know how they work for me.

Now if I can just find the motorcycle behind the rest of my winter project materials Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 601673

Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Img_0210

Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Img_0514
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: What trips?   Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Icon_minitime2/3/2010, 7:43 pm

Hodakaguy wrote:
Look Great Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 5543 Newenough has some great deals, scored a set of boots from them once. I really need to check them out more often than I do.

So what trips are you planning on taking this summer?

Hodakaguy

You know, I really have the bug to come down and meet the Kennewick crowd. I won't be able to ride my local forest roads until April'ish if we have a warm spring season. I've got a aunt in Burbank off Tuttle Lane. My daughter has been bugging me to bring her down to go horseback riding and I would like to bring the bike too.

Locally (sort of), the advrider crowd has several events planned a little south of me. Westfest, Montana 1000, Triple TTT or some such thing in Idaho. I'd like to hit at least one of them this summer.

Up in my neck of the woods, I've already planned a two day, 220 mile loop through some of my favorite areas.

I have more in my head and probably not enough time or money to do them all. But I gotta try.

I'll be sure to post in the trip planning sections and upcoming rides if I take off!

p.s. It was BuckNasty's ride report that finally sold me on the Fieldsheer bags, the price was just icing on the cake.

Later guys,

griz
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Saddlebags anyone! Fieldsheer Expander   Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 6:46 am

Very nice. Can't wait to see them mounted up.

*I really hope this is a good riding year for all of us.
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Re: Saddlebags anyone! Fieldsheer Expander   Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 10:34 am

Inspector wrote:
*I really hope this is a good riding year for all of us.

Me too, me too... Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 5543
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Looking forward to my first camping trip!   Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 10:06 pm

Inspector wrote:
Very nice. Can't wait to see them mounted up.

I've got a little tweaking to do, but no major issues I can see. Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 541814 Putting them on for the first time was exactly like I expected in my head when I ordered them.

I was concerned the bags were designed for a low exhaust and can't sit on top of the can. I already knew my XR has standoffs on the can and very good clearance to the side panel.

Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Img_0515

Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Img_0516

My Borrego rack has two tabs already on the under fender support, I'll bend them up 30 degrees and use them as my mounting points to keep the bags from flopping outward.

Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Img_0517

Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Img_0518

Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Img_0519

Trying to keep the weight at or in front of the rear axle to minimize the load on the subframe. I can sit comfortably and stand with no interference from the bags. I like the soft bags so I if I do go down I don't have to worry about a hard bag tweaking my leg.

Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Img_0520

So my first impression with the bags mounted is they'll work great for me and a big Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 5543

There is one small detail that will probably end up being a BIG deal if I don't watch it. I noticed the stitching on the attachment straps (the short ones you wrap around the bike and clip to the bag clips to keep them from flopping around) only have one row of stitches in them.

Any durable nylon webbing usually has a couple rows of stitching and many times a cross hatch or "X" pattern. Time will tell if these start coming loose and if they do, I'll sew them up myself. Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 423485

Hope y'all have a great Superbowl weekend Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander 1573

griz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saddlebags anyone! Fieldsheer Expander   Saddlebags anyone!  Fieldsheer Expander Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saddlebags anyone! Fieldsheer Expander
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: Gear and Equipment Reviews-
Jump to: