PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

road to the sun

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

road to the sun Empty
PostSubject: road to the sun   road to the sun Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 6:29 pm

In July 2010 my wife wants to go to Montana and the road to the sun. Not sure of a bunch of details yet, but would like any ideas and suggestions road to the sun 241248 anyone may have. Thanks for any info in advance.
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

Bike : XR650L , 990KTM

road to the sun Empty
PostSubject: road to the sun   road to the sun Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 7:03 pm

i think you mean going to the sun road in glacier park at the north end of the flathead valley. i've rode my bike up to the summit of logan pass, theres a visitor center at the top. would be a hell of a fun road on a bike, if it wasn't for all the cars. very windey and narrow road with lots of steep cliffs. it's all paved and the scenery is pretty awesome, lots of animals too. you should talk to griz901 that's right in his back yard.
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

road to the sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: road to the sun   road to the sun Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 8:38 pm

mrmagoolin wrote:
In July 2010 my wife wants to go to Montana and the road to the sun. Not sure of a bunch of details yet, but would like any ideas and suggestions road to the sun 241248 anyone may have. Thanks for any info in advance.

Twenty minutes from my house, one of my favorite places on the planet, lots of advice to give... Start here:

http://www.nps.gov/glac/index.htm July 4th is really the first day of summer for us and is a great time to go into the park. Depending on your likes/dislikes I'd be happy to give you my road to the sun 241248

I'll post this link for you because its a little buried in the website; its the road and trail status page and the webcam page.

Park roads: http://home.nps.gov/applications/glac/roadstatus/roadstatus.cfm

Webcams: http://www.nps.gov/glac/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm

If you have any questions at all, feel free to give me a yell road to the sun 6229

regards,

griz

Lake McDonald on the right from last Monday

road to the sun Amcam010
Back to top Go down

road to the sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: road to the sun   road to the sun Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 8:52 pm

This is just the type of stuff we're looking for. Will also look at other things to do. This is for our 25th anniversary.
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

road to the sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: road to the sun   road to the sun Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 9:12 pm

mrmagoolin wrote:
This is just the type of stuff we're looking for. Will also look at other things to do. This is for our 25th anniversary.

Nice! Congrats on the 25th, I'm working on my 19th this summer. More than happy to give advice on a trip up here. Lodging, recreation, night life, food, the park, camping, hiking (easy or hard) local tribal knowledge, etc.

Whitefish mountain resort is here too, they run summer stuff up on the mountain. City of Whitefish is a good food and nightlife spot.

http://www.skiwhitefish.com/

Fairly popular lodge on Whitefish Lake: http://www.lodgeatwhitefishlake.com/

Or you could take your wife to a nice anniversary event, then tell her the next morning you're going riding and will be back in a couple days! (hint, hint) road to the sun 294495
Back to top Go down

road to the sun Empty
PostSubject: Great info   road to the sun Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 9:36 pm

Thanks
Quote :
Or you could take your wife to a nice anniversary event, then tell her the next morning you're going riding and will be back in a couple days! (hint, hint) road to the sun 294495

We both have DRZ 400's, so she will want to ride also. I hope we get to meet you at the TTT ride, if not sooner.
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

Bike : XR650L , 990KTM

road to the sun Empty
PostSubject: road to the sun   road to the sun Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 9:46 pm

you should take her to mooses soloon in kalispel road to the sun 589118 , they have sawdust on the floor an some of the greasiest pizza in the country, and you can throw peanuts at each other too. road to the sun 5543
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

road to the sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: road to the sun   road to the sun Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 9:52 pm

mrmagoolin wrote:
Thanks
Quote :

We both have DRZ 400's, so she will want to ride also. I hope we get to meet you at the TTT ride, if not sooner.

That's too cool (his/her bikes) road to the sun 541814 In that case you might consider this: http://www.thewaylesstraveled.com/
(Hi Bill. Our rates are: Lewis &
Clark - $110; Birch & Antler - $90; Sleeping cabin (we have only
one) - $75. Hope to see you up our way this year. Thanks. Nancy
Winkler )

The upper part of the CDT ride comes out at Trail Creek (in some of my previous pics for buck nasty last year) and the north fork road. The B&B is 17 miles north of Polebridge and awesome.

Jeez, between nekkid pics of big jer's 990 and being happy for your anniversary I've worn myself out! I'm going to bed...

Have a good evening
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

road to the sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: road to the sun   road to the sun Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 10:02 pm

road to the sun Img_3210
road to the sun Img_3212
road to the sun Alien_10
Back to top Go down

road to the sun Empty
PostSubject: Thanks alot   road to the sun Icon_minitime2/26/2010, 3:13 pm

As we start making decisions, we will let you know and see if you have more great ideas. My wife is very excited about go up there.
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

road to the sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: road to the sun   road to the sun Icon_minitime3/30/2010, 11:18 am

road to the sun 99711 They started plowing Going to the Sun road.

http://www.nps.gov/glac/parknews/news10-13.htm

road to the sun GLAC_columbiasquirrel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

road to the sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: road to the sun   road to the sun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

road to the sun
Page 1 of 1