PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

He's not done yet (handguards)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

He's not done yet (handguards) Empty
PostSubject: He's not done yet (handguards)   He's not done yet (handguards) Icon_minitime3/3/2010, 10:04 pm

So I was so proud of myself for getting the barkbuster installed, I wondered what was going to protect my hands from high speed pebbles, mud, rain, wind, the occasional flying squirrel... You know - "The rest of the story"

What do you like better? White or red? (Well my dog ate one of my white ones, so you better say red for now)

The original plan looked something like this: (Bill's famous "can't see the duct tape holding them on" technique)

He's not done yet (handguards) Img_0626
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Keep up, no mo coffee Sir..   He's not done yet (handguards) Icon_minitime3/3/2010, 10:13 pm

But this is what really happened tonight. And I actually thought it through before I started drilling holes (what a concept).

When I returned my super duper POS drill bit, I went across the street and picked up some of these:

He's not done yet (handguards) Img_0627

Then I stared at the fasteners sitting next to my old deflectors

He's not done yet (handguards) Img_0628

(hey Big Jer - see the ten year old Ryobi hand drill, upper right of frame? Yep, you guessed it!) He's not done yet (handguards) 234168
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: The hatchling   He's not done yet (handguards) Icon_minitime3/3/2010, 10:18 pm

So another bird brained size idea pops into my head (I might have to do some captain destructo stuff this summer with my sawzall)

He's not done yet (handguards) Img_0629
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: got holes?   He's not done yet (handguards) Icon_minitime3/3/2010, 10:22 pm

And yes, it involves drilling more HOLES! Bwaa ha ha ha (Dr. Evil sound effects)

Hey you know what? No beers were harmed during the production of this stupidity episode. Go figure...

He's not done yet (handguards) Img_0630
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: No more drilling pics   He's not done yet (handguards) Icon_minitime3/3/2010, 10:41 pm

Jump forward: five holes (I put one in the wrong spot the first time), four screws, four washers, and four locknuts.

Shazaam! Ka-pow! (I miss the old comic book sound effects)

He's not done yet (handguards) Img_0631

Insta-deflector (re-use, recycle, regurgitate, whatever...)

He's not done yet (handguards) Img_0632

That reminds me, I need to wire my grips

He's not done yet (handguards) Img_0633

I think I like the white ones better, but I would have to heat them up and mold the plastic around the curves... maybe later...

He's not done yet (handguards) Img_0634

And there ya go! He's not done yet (handguards) 628688

And yes, if you can't tell, I frequently amuse myself! But for now I've got a full tank of fuel to burn, fresh air filter, oil and filter, some clear roads and nice temps. Time to stop talking and start riding.

But look, what's that piece of clear plastic foil hanging down from the shelf, under the 30 year old saddle bags that didn't work out?

Tune in or tune out, but don't be "That guy"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: He's not done yet (handguards)   He's not done yet (handguards) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

He's not done yet (handguards)
Page 1 of 1