PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Light Upgrade

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

Light Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Light Upgrade   Light Upgrade Icon_minitime3/6/2010, 3:46 am

Finally going to do something about the light on my KTM. This bike has the most pathetic light I've ever seen on a two wheeled vehicle! We needed to ride at night a couple times on our desert trip last summer and my headlight made that almost impossible.....soooooo before the trip this summer I decided to change out the headlight.

I debated between going to the Trailtech X2 light (not real fond of the looks of that unit) or going with the 8" race light. Finally pulled the trigger yesterday and called Doug at Dual Sport Armory and ordered up Two Trailtech 8" Halogen race lights (Craig2211 is doing his 530 as well). Should looks sweet.

Here's my Trailtech unit on my old XRR....My KTM light should look like this soon Light Upgrade 541814

Light Upgrade Img0336to6

I'll post up pics of the install when the light arrives. Can't wait to be able to actually see at night if we have to do a section of night riding Light Upgrade 5543

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

Light Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Upgrade   Light Upgrade Icon_minitime3/6/2010, 9:02 am

Light Upgrade 99711 I am usually exhausted by 10:30 pm when the sun goes down over here. Will be interesting to see a KTM lighting upgrade, first time I've heard someone concerned about the stock headlamp. Aren't they dual 55w filaments from the factory?

Light Upgrade 799451
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

Bike : XR650L , 990KTM

Light Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: light upgrade   Light Upgrade Icon_minitime3/6/2010, 9:16 am

when i was goin to alaska 2 years ago everybody asked me if i were gonna put on some more lighting, i said you idiot there is 20 hours of day light what the hell do i need more light for. but after riding that far an having countless cars pull out in front of me, im beginning to think bikes should come with lights an a siren! you can't have to much lighting!!
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

Light Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Upgrade   Light Upgrade Icon_minitime3/6/2010, 9:42 am

griz901 wrote:
Light Upgrade 99711 I am usually exhausted by 10:30 pm when the sun goes down over here. Will be interesting to see a KTM lighting upgrade, first time I've heard someone concerned about the stock headlamp. Aren't they dual 55w filaments from the factory?

Light Upgrade 799451

The KTM stock lights are about as worthless as they come, they have a plastic reflector that is shaped all wrong, they aren't adjustable so what little focused light it does put out goes up in the air to signal airplanes and the stock bulbs are famous for burning out quickly. I think it was just something they stuck on to make it pass as a street legal bike.

The 8" race light that I had on the XRR was very bright, should work great on the 530.

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Sponsored content

Light Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Upgrade   Light Upgrade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Light Upgrade
Page 1 of 1