PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Joy of Spring Riding...until July?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
oldetyme

oldetyme

Bike : 07 KLR

The Joy of Spring Riding...until July? Empty
PostSubject: The Joy of Spring Riding...until July?   The Joy of Spring Riding...until July? Icon_minitime3/8/2010, 6:45 pm

Went for a brief ride on Saturday...The sun lured killstrees and I out on some roads to test out newly installed/modified parts. It was nice to get the oxygen infusion, but a good patch of ice is still lingering on the Blankenship road.

But what seemed more treacherous were the stretches of sun thawed greasy road surface!

This pic is actually from one of last years spring rides up Big Cr. Right now you can drive a truck up the Coal creek road and quite a ways up the Big cr. road, so it'll only be a matter of time that the snomoes give way to the bikes!The Joy of Spring Riding...until July? IMGP3043

Since I'm on the subject of snow and ice, here's another one, actually from July 1st last year, but that's why we live in Montana right?

The Joy of Spring Riding...until July? IMGP3213
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: It's your fault! LOL   The Joy of Spring Riding...until July? Icon_minitime3/9/2010, 5:47 pm

See what ya did!? The Joy of Spring Riding...until July? 423485

(it sure was a nice weekend though)

Here's to hoping this snowy mush goes away soon The Joy of Spring Riding...until July? 587450
Back to top Go down
killstrees

killstrees

Bike : ttr 250 yamaha

PostSubject: Re: The Joy of Spring Riding...until July?   The Joy of Spring Riding...until July? Icon_minitime3/9/2010, 5:56 pm

I think riding in mush may be an improvement, but sun or no sun... once you went around the first shaded corner up the north fork road... it was feckin cold.

it should be known that the most treacherous condition was probably the lack of tread on oldetyme's tyres!!!
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Re: The Joy of Spring Riding...until July?   The Joy of Spring Riding...until July? Icon_minitime3/9/2010, 6:39 pm

killstrees wrote:
I think riding in mush may be an improvement, but sun or no sun... once you went around the first shaded corner up the north fork road... it was feckin cold.

it should be known that the most treacherous condition was probably the lack of tread on oldetyme's tyres!!!

Well, at least you guys got out. The Joy of Spring Riding...until July? Icon_sunny

After last week's garage fun and forum fest, I'm bogged down in things I don't want to be bogged down in (midterms). If it's remotely nice out Friday I don't care if I have to do circles around the valley floor, I'm riding!
Back to top Go down
oldetyme

oldetyme

Bike : 07 KLR

PostSubject: Re: The Joy of Spring Riding...until July?   The Joy of Spring Riding...until July? Icon_minitime3/9/2010, 8:29 pm

weather report

Looks good late next weekend...what? 59 next week! Well I think I'm heading over to Lewiston this weekend guaranteed to be warm there, maybe my brother will let me take out his Z1000!

The Joy of Spring Riding...until July? 799451
Back to top Go down
chaos-in-mt

PostSubject: Re: The Joy of Spring Riding...until July?   The Joy of Spring Riding...until July? Icon_minitime3/13/2010, 10:32 am

Old timer,

Glad to see another more experienced KLR rider In the neighborhood.
I live sorta by Blacktail on Coonsprings Rd.

Chaos
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Re: The Joy of Spring Riding...until July?   The Joy of Spring Riding...until July? Icon_minitime3/13/2010, 7:45 pm

I can't believe I got to go riding today. Do you guys remember what it looked like at this time last year!?
The Joy of Spring Riding...until July? Dscn0312
Back to top Go down
Buck Nasty

Buck Nasty

Bike : '04 DRZ400, '00 CR250R

PostSubject: Re: The Joy of Spring Riding...until July?   The Joy of Spring Riding...until July? Icon_minitime3/13/2010, 11:54 pm

The snow is pathetic here in Oregon! I LOVE IT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.benddualsport.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Joy of Spring Riding...until July?   The Joy of Spring Riding...until July? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Joy of Spring Riding...until July?
Page 1 of 1