PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Long ride today. Totaly awesome!

Go down 
+6
griz901
Backwoods Boogie
Inspector
Shane
Hodakaguy
TheFlying"W"
10 posters
AuthorMessage
TheFlying"W"

TheFlying

Bike : '03 WR450F, 2009 Vmax

Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Empty
PostSubject: Long ride today. Totaly awesome!   Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Icon_minitime4/25/2010, 6:28 pm

Well, me and a couple buds got out for a long ride today, and I have to say it was epic. We started out from my house and headed up river to Swakane canyon.

Start of the ride, looking at the Columbia river and Rocky Reach dam
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! SANY0001

My buddy Lyle, ready to ride.
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! SANY0002

Pretty much everything we did today was 2 track, forest service roads. We headed up Swakane to the beaver dam are for a couple shots.
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! SANY0004
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! SANY0005

Further up, heading toward Nahahum Canyon.
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! SANY0007
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! SANY0006

We're getting closer to Derby Canyon, and we hit a few patches of snow along the way.
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! SANY0008

My buddy Elgin decided to go around it.
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! SANY0009

We were able to get through or around all of the snow we came across, and it should all be gone in the next week or so.

Here comes Elgin! He is a goofball. He was hooting all the way by.
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! SANY0014-1

Lyle heading down the trail.
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! SANY0015-1

My WR looking good at the top of Derby Canyon. Those are the Enchantments in the background.
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! SANY0019-1

Same spot, looking more North.
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! SANY0020-1

Lyle checking out the view.
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! SANY0021-1

Looking down into the valley, Derby Canyon.
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! SANY0022

We stopped for lunch in Leavenworth then headed up Mountain Home Rd. This is looking North from the top back into town.
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! SANY0026

We headed down the mountain from here to Hwy 97, and headed West for about a mile before hooking up with Camas Meadows Rd. When we got to the meadows, Elgin pulls to an abrupt stop and grabs his camera. Somewhere in this photo is a coyote. He hung out keeping an eye on us for a while then trotted off into the field. It is pretty rare to see these guys, they are very shy.
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 041

This road dropped us into Cashmere, where we rode through town, and took all back roads back to Wenatchee, where we all headed home. In all, we rode 74.5 miles, were out for about 6 hours, and had an unbelievable day.
Back to top Go down
TheFlying"W"

TheFlying

PostSubject: Re: Long ride today. Totaly awesome!   Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Icon_minitime4/25/2010, 6:38 pm

The following shots are all from Elgin's camera. We really had a great day.
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 008
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 011
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 013
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 016
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 017
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 019
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 021
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 023
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 025
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 026
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 027
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 029
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 030
Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 039
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: Long ride today. Totaly awesome!   Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Icon_minitime4/25/2010, 7:28 pm

Looks like a sweet ride! Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 541814 You have some great riding area there, can't wait to make it up there some time.

Thanks for sharing the pics. Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 5543

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: Long ride today. Totaly awesome!   Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Icon_minitime4/25/2010, 7:42 pm

this is the one we need to do! i was at home licking my wound all weekened Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 423485
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Long ride today. Totaly awesome!   Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Icon_minitime4/25/2010, 7:56 pm

How many hours in the saddle there buddy? LOoks like a blast.
Back to top Go down
TheFlying"W"

TheFlying

PostSubject: Re: Long ride today. Totaly awesome!   Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Icon_minitime4/25/2010, 8:36 pm

Actual riding time according to my GPS was 3 hours 5 minutes, stopped time was 4 hours 57 minutes, so that is a total time of 8 hours 2 minutes. But my GPS was on for a bit before we took off. We headed out at 10:30 and I arrived home before 6. It could definitely be done much quicker, we spent alot of time taking pictures and general BSing on the side of the trail. Check out the 'thinking of spring' ride thread and let us know that you will be coming on the next one.
Back to top Go down
Backwoods Boogie
Backwoods Boogie

Bike : XR650R - Concours 14

PostSubject: Re: Long ride today. Totaly awesome!   Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Icon_minitime4/25/2010, 8:38 pm

Great day for a ride!

Excellent report and pictures, thanks for sharing. Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 5543
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: Long ride today. Totaly awesome!   Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Icon_minitime4/25/2010, 8:49 pm

katoomvictom will like the "shocker" pics ! Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 624421
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: Re: Long ride today. Totaly awesome!   Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Icon_minitime4/25/2010, 9:27 pm

TheFlying"W" wrote:
Actual riding time according to my GPS was 3 hours 5 minutes, stopped time was 4 hours 57 minutes, so that is a total time of 8 hours 2 minutes. But my GPS was on for a bit before we took off. We headed out at 10:30 and I arrived home before 6. It could definitely be done much quicker, we spent alot of time taking pictures and general BSing on the side of the trail. Check out the 'thinking of spring' ride thread and let us know that you will be coming on the next one.

Cool! Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 5543

I like your ride to stop ratio Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 541814
Back to top Go down
jphrse

jphrse

Bike : BMW R1200GS

PostSubject: Re: Long ride today. Totaly awesome!   Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Icon_minitime4/26/2010, 8:38 am

Nice pics looked like a fun time. thumb
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: Long ride today. Totaly awesome!   Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Icon_minitime4/28/2010, 9:30 am

cool beans big
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

Bike : '07 KTM 525 EXC

PostSubject: Re: Long ride today. Totaly awesome!   Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Icon_minitime5/6/2010, 9:30 pm

Shane wrote:
katoomvictom will like the "shocker" pics ! Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 624421

Yeah dude I did like those, I was teh only person I knew that threw the shocker. Wait till you see my gloves! I just tore threw my whole house looking for them, finally found them in my jeep in my winch bag. Definitaley gonna wear them on the 16th Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: Long ride today. Totaly awesome!   Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Icon_minitime5/8/2010, 9:02 pm

went up Naham today and out Derby into Peshastin with the "victim". it was muddy. but we had a good time and we ate at the old mill tavern, it was GOOD! only got a couple of pics.

Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Downsi15

here is were i laughed , i was in front of the "victim" when i heard his KTM shreek like a girl, i waited and no Herb, so i turned around to find him down a bank, way down a bank.
he is kinda camo'd, he is dead center of the pic

Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Downsi13

his KTM lying there lifeless in the road, he is always there for a good laugh.

Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 05080010

all and all it was a good time. it should dry out by next weekened if we dont get anymore rain !
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

Bike : XR650L , 990KTM

PostSubject: Re: Long ride today. Totaly awesome!   Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Icon_minitime5/9/2010, 6:47 pm

Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 541814 that reminds me of harris park, i did the exact same thing. luckily in both cases the bike stayed in the trail. as i was rolling down the hillside, i had visions of the my xr chasing me down the hill an pile driving me into the ground!! [ actually i think that hodaka guy pushed me off the trail ] Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 294495
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

Bike : '07 KTM 525 EXC

PostSubject: Re: Long ride today. Totaly awesome!   Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Icon_minitime5/9/2010, 6:54 pm

Unfortunately, stuff like that happens all too often to me... Oh well, I guess I might as well be "that guy" Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 423485 It was pretty slick and my front tire is shot and kept washing out on me, at least thats the story I'm sticking to Long ride today. Totaly awesome! 84165 I got a new one, just need to put it on.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Long ride today. Totaly awesome!   Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Icon_minitime5/9/2010, 6:59 pm

SWEET! maybe it can be my turn next. I should have replaced the front along with the rear but for some reason didn't? I guess it's not too bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long ride today. Totaly awesome!   Long ride today. Totaly awesome! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long ride today. Totaly awesome!
Page 1 of 1