PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need to scratch the itch

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

Bike : '07 KTM 525 EXC

Need to scratch the itch Empty
PostSubject: Need to scratch the itch   Need to scratch the itch Icon_minitime5/18/2010, 7:37 pm

So its that time again for me where I drop one hobby and go full bore into the next one. Last year it was my guns, the year before that it was my jeep, before that my bike, and now back to my bike again. I can't find a way to balance all of them. Each year I throw all money I can find into whatever hobby of mine I'm obsessed with at the time. My list of goodies for my bike is huge and growing larger by the day. Maybe time to pull out some 401k money and play a little... anyone else have this problem? Maybe I'm just a weird or something.
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: Need to scratch the itch   Need to scratch the itch Icon_minitime5/18/2010, 7:45 pm

Hmmm...That sounds familiar Need to scratch the itch 84165 I get really into whatever hobby I happen to be in at the moment also. I enjoy it, I get to experience a lot of cool hobbies even if I really don't have time to do any of them justice.

I'm still heavily into bikes now (actually thats my one hobby that just never goes away!). Soon I'll be big into flying again as we almost have our plane ready to fly again. Can't wait! Need to scratch the itch 778284 Need to scratch the itch 778284

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

PostSubject: Re: Need to scratch the itch   Need to scratch the itch Icon_minitime5/18/2010, 7:48 pm

If its that piper cub in your sig I'd like to see a picture of it. Flying has always interested me and my grandpa is a pilot. I'm definitaley a long ways away from doing that though.
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: Need to scratch the itch   Need to scratch the itch Icon_minitime5/18/2010, 8:17 pm

You can see lots of pics and some vid in our "Fly Report" from the trip home with the cub. CLICK HERE

I think we may end up selling the cub and picking up a powered parachute instead. Low and Slow! Need to scratch the itch 5543

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

PostSubject: Re: Need to scratch the itch   Need to scratch the itch Icon_minitime5/18/2010, 8:22 pm

Those powered parachutes are kickass! I can think of about 80 other hobbies and thing I could waste or "invest" time and money on if I only had the time and money lol!
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

PostSubject: Re: Need to scratch the itch   Need to scratch the itch Icon_minitime5/19/2010, 7:31 pm

That plane of yours is truly a thing of beauty! I was just thinking, I don't exactly pick cheap brands for my toys... KTM, Heckler & Koch, Jeep, .300 H&H magnum ( try finding inexpensive shells for that rifle). Maybe I need to start buying cheap stuff. Nah that'd be no fun Need to scratch the itch 84165
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: Need to scratch the itch   Need to scratch the itch Icon_minitime5/19/2010, 7:52 pm

KatoomVictim wrote:
So its that time again for me where I drop one hobby and go full bore into the next one. Last year it was my guns, the year before that it was my jeep, before that my bike, and now back to my bike again. I can't find a way to balance all of them. Each year I throw all money I can find into whatever hobby of mine I'm obsessed with at the time. My list of goodies for my bike is huge and growing larger by the day. Maybe time to pull out some 401k money and play a little... anyone else have this problem? Maybe I'm just a weird or something.

You mean like.....Bass fishing, Trap Shooting, BBQ competitions, and Beer Brewing? Need to scratch the itch 589118
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

PostSubject: Re: Need to scratch the itch   Need to scratch the itch Icon_minitime5/19/2010, 7:56 pm

Ah yes, bass fishing... My grandpa fishes tons of tourneys nationwide. I'm pretty sure he loves bass fishing more than he loves my grandma. Now that is an expensive hobbie, he literally works just so he can fish!
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: Re: Need to scratch the itch   Need to scratch the itch Icon_minitime5/19/2010, 8:17 pm

KatoomVictim wrote:

Hobbies (on top of normal camping, BBQ, family, drinking beer etc)
1999-2001 XR650R/LC4-640/TE610E never pulled the trigger, Sold antique stuff on FleaBay
2001-2003 Vintage audio - loudspeaker and receiver restorations, Sold stuff on FleaBay
2003-2004 KTM SX PRO 50 Build, sold most my old audio stuff, turned into a internet forum junkie
2005-2006 1973 Wigwam travel trailer restoration (fun stuff!)
2007-2008 Finally got my XR650R, Refurbed a bigger travel trailer 'cause the kids grow like weeds
2009-2010 Laid off, afraid to ride without insurance, ice fishing, spent six months prepping for hunting, ate tag soup
2010-Today Full time student, running out of cash, but have a new appreciation for the hobbies I already have
Looking forward - odd jobs pay for used bike parts, cheap house fixes, camping and hiking with the family, hopefully the wifey finds the pot of gold job with her new bachelor's degree and eventually, I can start working again too and tinkering on all my interests instead of having to sell one to start another.

If you've got the money, you know what they say: "Don't wait, go for it!" As long as you're ok with it, do it. You might not be able to tomorrow...

Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

PostSubject: Re: Need to scratch the itch   Need to scratch the itch Icon_minitime5/19/2010, 8:22 pm

Sounds like you're a pretty busy guy. I hope you find a job or that your wife finds that pot'o'gold. Its a real bummer not working, sometimes anyways.
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Re: Need to scratch the itch   Need to scratch the itch Icon_minitime5/19/2010, 9:05 pm

KatoomVictim wrote:
Sounds like you're a pretty busy guy. I hope you find a job or that your wife finds that pot'o'gold. Its a real bummer not working, sometimes anyways.

Well, after reading my comments I think I may have came off like somebody left a turd in the toilet!

Just sayin' if you have a passion for a hobby and you flip flop back and forth between hobbies, who cares... Go for it...

I flip flop all the time, drives my wife crazy sometimes but I have fun. I usually have the basics available all the time and then have one or two things I'm always playing with. Broken lawn mowers, my lawn tractor, the motorcycle, a ball peen hammer, guest cabin renovations, etc. LOL

Keeping busy is what has kept me from slipping into a really bad mental state. Well, hobbies and internet (I watch about an hour of TV a week if I'm lucky).

Yes and you are not weird (see, I couldn't even answer your simple question without some long ass blurb of text)
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

PostSubject: Re: Need to scratch the itch   Need to scratch the itch Icon_minitime5/19/2010, 9:11 pm

Haha I find short answers somewhat difficult myself. That comment you said about if you got the money then go for it cuz tomorrow might not happen, that's so true. That's how I justify all my stuff. I figure the stock market is still unstable, and if I take a loan on my account and the market tanks again at least I'll have not lost a bunch of money again and I'll be paying myself back with intrest. How's that for a long ass blurb of text?
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Re: Need to scratch the itch   Need to scratch the itch Icon_minitime5/19/2010, 9:16 pm

Need to scratch the itch 5543
Back to top Go down
1clickhigh

PostSubject: Re: Need to scratch the itch   Need to scratch the itch Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 3:22 pm

anyone else have this problem? Maybe I'm just a weird or something.

Sounds perfectly normal to me. Hobbies, toys, whatever you want to call it. Just good clean fun.
Need to scratch the itch Fs70019Need to scratch the itch 143hg
Need to scratch the itch Img0905uNeed to scratch the itch Filters008
Need to scratch the itch Apr2010014Need to scratch the itch Ax10004

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need to scratch the itch   Need to scratch the itch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need to scratch the itch
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: Off Topic-
Jump to: