PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Devil's Gulch? Not yet

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jbruyet

jbruyet

Devil's Gulch? Not yet Empty
PostSubject: Devil's Gulch? Not yet   Devil's Gulch? Not yet Icon_minitime5/23/2010, 11:19 pm

I tried to get up to Beehive on the Devil's Gulch trail and I didn't quite make it. I started hitting a little snow, yeah, but it was the fallen trees that made it impassable. Does anyone know when "they" are going to clean up the trail? I made it this far:

Devil's Gulch? Not yet IMG_0416

And here's my trusty steed. It's my '01 Kawasaki KLR250:

Devil's Gulch? Not yet IMG_0418

Thanks,

Joe B

'09 BMW F800 GS
'01
Kawasaki KLR250
Back to top Go down
twistys4me

twistys4me

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Gulch? Not yet   Devil's Gulch? Not yet Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 12:22 pm

Why not do some trail work yourself? 5 mins with a pack saw would have cleared that. funds are low in alot of places, we as riders should do are part to help out.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Gulch? Not yet   Devil's Gulch? Not yet Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 4:12 pm

^I'm with you on that one. I soooo need to get a folding saw.

*Are there places where they do NOT want you to remove debris?
Back to top Go down
mlyamkaw

mlyamkaw

Bike : TE 630 300 XCW 1200 GSA

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Gulch? Not yet   Devil's Gulch? Not yet Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 4:51 pm

The trails are usually cleared by users from the area, not the Forest Service.
So you made it to the intersection of Mission Ridge trail I am guessing?
Back to top Go down
jbruyet

jbruyet

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Gulch? Not yet   Devil's Gulch? Not yet Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 8:57 pm

Inspector & twistys4me, I didn't have a saw with me at that time. I know that in some situations "maintenance people" would prefer that things be left until they can fix them (I had a friend who was told to leave things be once). I think a quick phone call to the forest service is in order.

mlyamkaw, I would guess that I was stopped about 1/2 to 3/4 mile past what I call the four-way intersection. And yeah, the Mission Ridge trail hooks up with the Devils Gulch trail at the four-way.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Gulch? Not yet   Devil's Gulch? Not yet Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 8:59 pm

jbruyet wrote:
Inspector & twistys4me, I didn't have a saw with me at that time. I know that in some situations "maintenance people" would prefer that things be left until they can fix them (I had a friend who was told leave things be once). I think a quick phone call to the forest service is in order.

It's all good, I don't even have a saw myself so I'm not banging on anyone.
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

Bike : XR650L , 990KTM

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Gulch? Not yet   Devil's Gulch? Not yet Icon_minitime5/26/2010, 9:16 pm

a folding saw?? they are o.k. if your a boy scout, we can't get the forrest circus, or the DNR. to clear nothing up here , so we do it are selves. the DNR. does do a little, the f.s. contracts alot of it out. as much dead timber as we have a chain saw is a must! Devil's Gulch? Not yet Dscn0225
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

Bike : XR650L , 990KTM

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Gulch? Not yet   Devil's Gulch? Not yet Icon_minitime5/26/2010, 9:21 pm

Devil's Gulch? Not yet 391375 actually, this is the one i do carry, 12 inch bar a gallon of saw gas an some bar oil. Devil's Gulch? Not yet Dscn0226
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Gulch? Not yet   Devil's Gulch? Not yet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devil's Gulch? Not yet
Page 1 of 1