PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

scotty creek

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

scotty creek Empty
PostSubject: scotty creek   scotty creek Icon_minitime6/13/2010, 8:14 pm

ok, so the victim and i decided to take a trip up camas into ruby creek then into scotty creek. i have been in camas and ruby creek a few times, so i didnt take any pics........but when we got to scotty creek i had to get the phone out and snap some pics. it was a great spot to ride. it is mostly 2 track and 4 wheelers are allowed. we were there only for about 1 1/2 hrs and the views were awsome. the first pic is at the bottom of the canyon. there are still alot of claims for panning gold here. (how much can there be left after years of sifting threw the mud)

scotty creek 09711

here is a sign on a tree stakeing claim to a spot. should have took a pic of the spot. you would need a chain saw to get to the creek from were this sign was posted.

scotty creek 09811

here is just another pic looking up the road from were the sign was posted.

scotty creek 09911

here we are some were near the top of the pass i think, looking south you could see the snow, this would be looking east. if i am thinking correctly, some were down there is blewet/97.

scotty creek 10011

just another shot looking s/se. there were these rocks that looked like the surface of the moon, stupid me, didnt take any pics of those. the victim will know what there name is. we were told that there is a old mining cabin some were up here. we will need to go back and find it.

scotty creek 10111

looking south towards the top of the pass. i guess the snow there still coverd the road we were told.

scotty creek 10211

i wish we had more time to snoop around. only seen a moutain bike rider. other then that there was no one. this would be a good day ride or even a camping weekend. i will be going back.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

scotty creek Empty
PostSubject: Re: scotty creek   scotty creek Icon_minitime6/13/2010, 8:38 pm

Sweet, looks like most got out and rode this weekend. thumb
Back to top Go down
Lowedog

Bike : Plated 2006 YZ450 F

scotty creek Empty
PostSubject: Re: scotty creek   scotty creek Icon_minitime6/13/2010, 9:58 pm

You were up the north fork of Shazer Creek.
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

scotty creek Empty
PostSubject: Re: scotty creek   scotty creek Icon_minitime6/14/2010, 7:28 am

well we started at scotty creek ? never been up there so i dont know were i was at.
Back to top Go down
Lowedog

Bike : Plated 2006 YZ450 F

scotty creek Empty
PostSubject: Re: scotty creek   scotty creek Icon_minitime6/14/2010, 8:18 am

Awesome country up there! Beware of that area during hunting season. Every hunter in the state who owns a 4 wheeler is up there it seems.
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

Bike : '07 KTM 525 EXC

scotty creek Empty
PostSubject: Re: scotty creek   scotty creek Icon_minitime6/14/2010, 10:05 am

We were up Shaser Creek, and the rocks are Serpentine. You can ride all the way into the Teanaway from up there. Pretty cool area.
Back to top Go down
dunkan

dunkan

Bike : 07 Honda 250X, Christini AWD

scotty creek Empty
PostSubject: Re: scotty creek   scotty creek Icon_minitime6/20/2010, 9:26 am

sorry I missed ya. We Were riding just on the other side of 97. next time your going up there we should hook up. been riding that area for years. And yes there is still some snow in a few spots. I rode up there last sunday all the lower stuff is open and clear, like Ironbear, most of teanaway ridge, the south ridge trail from ironbear is clear ,most of the miier peak is open, except a shady spots. The water is still running deep and fast down lower, like on middle fork and west fork. I think the whole area will open and awsome in two weeks!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

scotty creek Empty
PostSubject: Re: scotty creek   scotty creek Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

scotty creek
Page 1 of 1