PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New member introducing myself

Go down 
+5
KatoomVictim
TheFlying"W"
Backwoods Boogie
YamWOW!
dunkan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dunkan

dunkan

Bike : 07 Honda 250X, Christini AWD

New member introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: New member introducing myself   New member introducing myself Icon_minitime6/17/2010, 12:45 pm

I'm new at chat forums and not sure exactly how to proceed. But nevertheless, incase that I am doing this correctly, I have been riding motorcycles, dirt, street, dual sport for about 42 years. Between myself, my wife and my son, I've owned 52+ motorcycles. I was involved in off road racing for 18 years or so in everything from moto-cross to cross country. But over the years I've come back to what I enjoy most, dual sport, trail riding and an occasional old-timers event. I also enjoy volunteer trail work for the forest service. My primary motorcycle is a 2007 Honda 250X Christini AWD and have been one of the first Christini bike owners in the Northwest. (For you that have not heard of Christini, it's an all wheel drive system added to certain Honda and KTM motorcycles) And for more dual sport type riding I ride a DR 350SE. Generally I ride the entire Central Washington area, mainly Teanaway, No.2 Canyon, Entiat, and Tanum. I also ride Idaho and Western Montana. Also enjoy winter rides in Arizona and Baja.

As time goes on many of my riding partners and acquantances have for one reason or another stopped riding or have limited riding time available. So I have found that it might be beneficial for me to be involved in an organization such as this one. Looking forward to meeting new riding buddies, learning new areas, showing people areas that I've enjoyed riding in for years and hopefully getting more acquanted with this site and learning how to use it better.
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: New member introducing myself   New member introducing myself Icon_minitime6/17/2010, 12:54 pm

New member introducing myself 541814 Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Backwoods Boogie
Backwoods Boogie

Bike : XR650R - Concours 14

PostSubject: Re: New member introducing myself   New member introducing myself Icon_minitime6/17/2010, 1:39 pm

Welcome to the forum dunkan..... thumb
Back to top Go down
TheFlying"W"

TheFlying

Bike : '03 WR450F, 2009 Vmax

PostSubject: Re: New member introducing myself   New member introducing myself Icon_minitime6/17/2010, 2:40 pm

Welcome dunkan! Glad you found us here, this is a great group of guys. I see you l ike to ride in my backyard. Anytime you are in the area give me a shout. There are several of us here that love to head out just about any time.
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

Bike : '07 KTM 525 EXC

PostSubject: Re: New member introducing myself   New member introducing myself Icon_minitime6/17/2010, 3:00 pm

Ditto, and glad to have ya here. Next time you're over for the weekend, give a shout out on the forum or pm on of us from Wenatchee or Cashmere and lets hook up and RIDE! thumb
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: New member introducing myself   New member introducing myself Icon_minitime6/17/2010, 3:46 pm

Welcome, HI!

*Glad you found us.
Back to top Go down
leelikesbikes

leelikesbikes

Bike : FE 650 CR250

PostSubject: sweet   New member introducing myself Icon_minitime6/17/2010, 4:39 pm

badass bike, i'd like to see that thing. i always drool over the christini kitted bikes but havent seen one in person. i grew up in wenatchee and love the riding over your way, ever get up around jolly mtn? the last time i was up there was prob 12-14yrs ago, is that area still open? hope to see ya out on the trails some time. -Levi
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: Re: New member introducing myself   New member introducing myself Icon_minitime6/20/2010, 10:37 pm

Welcome to the forum! Neat Christini kit New member introducing myself 5543

I always thought the hydraulic motor system on those old Yamaha R&D two wheel drive bikes were neat.
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: New member introducing myself   New member introducing myself Icon_minitime6/20/2010, 11:41 pm

welcome... wow I have got to see that christini some day... plenty of riding to do around rosylin!
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
dunkan

dunkan

Bike : 07 Honda 250X, Christini AWD

PostSubject: Re: New member introducing myself   New member introducing myself Icon_minitime6/21/2010, 10:35 am

yea there pretty neat, this is my third year on this bike, at this point im gettin pretty use to it. when I first bought it all my friends said, id be sorry I waisted my money, and that it would be a maintenance nightmare. sooner or latter it'll screw up and you'll disconect it. But so far its been really relable, and very little maintenance, its tunable to your riding style and preference. There's a switch on the bars to turn it on an off but, I never really turn it off. Check it out on "christini awd . com"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member introducing myself   New member introducing myself Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member introducing myself
Page 1 of 1