PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bend

Go down 
+2
Hodakaguy
hugemoth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hugemoth

Bend Empty
PostSubject: Bend   Bend Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 5:09 pm

Greetings. I'm Q, 57, semi retired, been riding all my life, mostly street bikes but always had a Trail 90 or some other little dirt bike around to explore the back country. Sold the Goldwing last year because I've ridden just about every paved road in the west several times over. Now I putt putt around on a Lifan 200 dual sport that I bought on a lark in 07 for $1300.00 new. During the summers I haul the bike along with my PPC (ultralight aircraft) behind a Toyota pickup to interesting places to camp, ride, and fly. I go for scenery and prefer remote areas with free dry camping. I always spend at least a week riding in Death Valley during the cold season which seems to last longer every year.

Q
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

Bend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bend   Bend Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 6:15 pm

Hey Q. It was great to meet you at the fly in. I'd love to talk more about your bike travels some time, I love vintage scooters as well. Awesome job on the Trail 90 conversion Bend 5543 Are you going to the Alvord Fly-in at the end of August? We are planning on going and bringing the bikes, great riding down there Bend 541814 Bend 541814 Bend 541814

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
hugemoth

Bend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bend   Bend Icon_minitime7/8/2010, 7:15 am

Yes, I'll be at the Alvord with the PPC and bikes. I've flown all over that area many times and have ridden some of the trails on Steens Mtn. but haven't done much riding riding in areas surrounding the Alvord. Maybe your son will be ready to ride that little mini bike by then.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Bend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bend   Bend Icon_minitime7/8/2010, 8:18 am

Welcome, HI!!
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bend   Bend Icon_minitime7/8/2010, 10:03 pm

hugemoth wrote:
Yes, I'll be at the Alvord with the PPC and bikes. I've flown all over that area many times and have ridden some of the trails on Steens Mtn. but haven't done much riding riding in areas surrounding the Alvord. Maybe your son will be ready to ride that little mini bike by then.

Great, yeah there is a lot of great riding around the Alvord. I know of quite a few interesting things in the area to check out, Borax Hot Springs, Abandoned mines, Ghost Towns etc. Maybe we can organize some kind of ride while we are there. What are the exact dates of the Alvord fly-in?

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
dunkan

dunkan

Bike : 07 Honda 250X, Christini AWD

Bend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bend   Bend Icon_minitime7/8/2010, 10:19 pm

Hey hodakaguy why don't you take and cross up, say, one of those ppc's and one athem there hodaka's. I think you might be able to pull it off...
Back to top Go down
dunkan

dunkan

Bike : 07 Honda 250X, Christini AWD

Bend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bend   Bend Icon_minitime7/8/2010, 10:25 pm

Oh ya Q, welcome, sounds like you got some serious miles invested... ride on....
Back to top Go down
hugemoth

Bend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bend   Bend Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 6:33 am

Alvord dates are August 28 to Sept 6. We camp on the west side about a quarter mile north of the drinking water spring, easy to spot from the road. Everyone is welcome.

We've soaked in the arsenic laden water of Borax Lake while watching thunderstorms off in the distance. Been up to a mine shaft and have eaten fresh cherries from the trees of an abandoned homestead on the east side of Steens. We've been over to Mickey HS but haven't ridden over to Whitehorse HS, just flew over.

Here is a pic of the pattern on Mickey Lake. It's a wilderness study area so you can't ride out there but you can't see it from the ground even when you walk out to it.

Bend Mickeydesert2

Bend Mickeydesert
Back to top Go down
TheFlying"W"

TheFlying

Bike : '03 WR450F, 2009 Vmax

Bend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bend   Bend Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 9:35 am

Hey Q, welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bend   Bend Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 10:01 am

hugemoth wrote:
Alvord dates are August 28 to Sept 6. We camp on the west side about a quarter mile north of the drinking water spring, easy to spot from the road. Everyone is welcome.

We've soaked in the arsenic laden water of Borax Lake while watching thunderstorms off in the distance. Been up to a mine shaft and have eaten fresh cherries from the trees of an abandoned homestead on the east side of Steens. We've been over to Mickey HS but haven't ridden over to Whitehorse HS, just flew over.

Here is a pic of the pattern on Mickey Lake. It's a wilderness study area so you can't ride out there but you can't see it from the ground even when you walk out to it.

Bend Mickeydesert2

Bend Mickeydesert

Can't wait to see the Alvord and surrounding area from the air! Bend 541814 Thanks for the great pics.

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

Bike : '07 KTM 525 EXC

Bend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bend   Bend Icon_minitime7/10/2010, 9:39 pm

That reminds me of one of those sandscape water flippy desktop thingys that makes designs when you turn it and what not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bend   Bend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bend
Page 1 of 1