PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEW Rule on nation forest roads in washington.

Go down 
+9
marbec1a
MortimerSickle
n16ht5
T.Low
KatoomVictim
mlyamkaw
YamWOW!
Relaytech
Chris6_85
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris6_85

Chris6_85

Bike : 2013 KTM 500 EXC

NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Empty
PostSubject: NEW Rule on nation forest roads in washington.   NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Icon_minitime7/8/2010, 9:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Relaytech

Relaytech

PostSubject: Re: NEW Rule on nation forest roads in washington.   NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Icon_minitime7/8/2010, 10:31 pm

Just GREAT, more restrictions! I guess it will never end!
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: NEW Rule on nation forest roads in washington.   NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Icon_minitime7/8/2010, 10:46 pm

NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. 457151
Back to top Go down
mlyamkaw

mlyamkaw

Bike : TE 630 300 XCW 1200 GSA

PostSubject: Re: NEW Rule on nation forest roads in washington.   NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 7:52 am

They better get fast riders to enforce it. I am going to ride where I always ride.
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

Bike : '07 KTM 525 EXC

PostSubject: Re: NEW Rule on nation forest roads in washington.   NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 8:47 am

U.S.F.S.NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. 769847
Back to top Go down
T.Low

T.Low

Bike : 2010 GasGas EC 450

PostSubject: Re: NEW Rule on nation forest roads in washington.   NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 6:22 pm

mlyamkaw wrote:
They better get fast riders to enforce it. I am going to ride where I always ride.

It dawned on me yesterday (not that I was out of bounds and heard other bikes and wonderred who it might be or anything) that I need to switch to a hockey jersey that doesn't have my name on the back.
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: NEW Rule on nation forest roads in washington.   NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 8:04 pm

When the day comes that the ranger asks for a map I will tell him to shove it up his rear end
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
MortimerSickle

PostSubject: Re: NEW Rule on nation forest roads in washington.   NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Icon_minitime7/10/2010, 7:16 pm

Wachs has it right: "Ride while you can."
Back to top Go down
marbec1a

marbec1a

Bike : 2009 KLX250S

PostSubject: Re: NEW Rule on nation forest roads in washington.   NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Icon_minitime7/11/2010, 12:51 pm

I wonder how far pointing to the Oregon plate and calming ignorance will get me? NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
1clickhigh

PostSubject: Re: NEW Rule on nation forest roads in washington.   NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Icon_minitime9/1/2010, 3:01 pm

It's a completely false story started by anti-ORV activists. The journalist just bought into it without checking his facts or source.

I spoke to several USFS Rangers for Snoqualmie National Forest in person at the Enumclaw station about it last week on the way to Little Naches.

According to them the USFS Rangers as well as the King County Sherriffs dept, fire dept and local search and rescue actually support responsible ORV use.
They appreciate the trail clean ups, good communication about crime and group efforts ORV clubs and individuals put forth to maintain the trail systems.

The rangers made it clear they do no appreciate rumors or made up storys about thier policy, rules or enforcement in our National Forest.

I bought a spare topo map, thanked them for thier time and left feeling better about the whole thing. Burn ban was lifted as well. All good news.

Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: NEW Rule on nation forest roads in washington.   NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Icon_minitime9/1/2010, 3:59 pm

That's cool.

*maybe whomever reads that paper will read a retraction?
Back to top Go down
YAMAHAULER

YAMAHAULER

Bike : '81 XT500H, 2005 XR650L, 83 Big Red

PostSubject: Re: NEW Rule on nation forest roads in washington.   NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Icon_minitime9/1/2010, 4:29 pm

I hate hippies with big mouth's. yousuck
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: NEW Rule on nation forest roads in washington.   NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Icon_minitime9/1/2010, 4:47 pm

When Relaytech and I stopped at the Naches ranger station they told us next year we will have to have a map. It will be free. You know that won't last for long.
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: Re: NEW Rule on nation forest roads in washington.   NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Icon_minitime9/1/2010, 8:28 pm

Well its better than H.R. 980 Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act that would turn 26 million acres of your land and mine into wilderness designation.

deal Here's the deal - and I am no expert on the subject, but I've done some research and visited my local forest service offices to get what little information directly from the horse's mouth.

By federal mandate in 2005 the National Forest Service gave all National Forest Units directives to evaluate and implement long term motor vehicle use management plans. The final versions of these plans are called MVUM's (motor vehicle use maps).

Here is yours in progress

In the end, users (you and I) get a MVUM (motor vehicle use map) that will redefine open/closed gates, whether or not roads and trail systems are left open, closed or decommissioned.

Over the past seven years, I've been locked out of 25% of the primary forest service roads I used to be able to explore. We've lost miles of alpine trail systems that used to be open to motorcycles (some of the finest technical single track in our area) because it "cost too much" or there were "user conflicts" between hikers and the less than twenty motorcycle enthusiasts that used them.

Here is yours in progress. There are comment periods, they listen, we have an entire OHV area saved because many years ago a ATV club dedicated themselves to education and implementation within forest service rules.

Okanogan-Wenatchee
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Re: NEW Rule on nation forest roads in washington.   NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Icon_minitime9/1/2010, 8:32 pm

Here is a brief description of the mandate and some of the MVUM's for my area. You can view the pdf's and see what they look like.

good luck guys - go to comment meetings, they are usually very interesting and sometimes they sincerely listen to feedback, but you gotta do it in the federally mandated comment period.

Flathead MVUM's

regards,

griz baldy
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Re: NEW Rule on nation forest roads in washington.   NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Icon_minitime9/2/2010, 7:23 pm

NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Timeline-3

Looks like next spring you guys should see your final MVUM's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW Rule on nation forest roads in washington.   NEW Rule on  nation forest roads in washington. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW Rule on nation forest roads in washington.
Page 1 of 1