PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State

Go down 
+19
C Denny Run*
Murray211
Fast_Ed
KTMarty
pjturbo
tallguy
Backwoods Boogie
Enduroguy
Shane
griz901
oliver1950
reid
Inspector
1clickhigh
n16ht5
oring212
PeteN95
YamWOW!
Inconceivable
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Fast_Ed

Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State   Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State - Page 3 Icon_minitime6/29/2011, 6:12 pm

No inspection!
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State   Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State - Page 3 Icon_minitime6/29/2011, 6:50 pm

Fast_Ed wrote:
Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State - Page 3 Plated12

Here is photographic proof!

Looks photoshopped! big
Back to top Go down
RENO

RENO

Bike : 07 KLR 650 2012 Cristini AWD 450DS

PostSubject: Re: Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State   Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State - Page 3 Icon_minitime6/29/2011, 7:04 pm

as long as the WSP are convinced id say ewell done sir,,,lol
Back to top Go down
Fast_Ed

Fast_Ed

Bike : 2007 KLR650

PostSubject: Re: Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State   Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State - Page 3 Icon_minitime6/29/2011, 7:37 pm

Rode by wsp, Yelm pd & Thurston county. They never gave me a 2nd look
Back to top Go down
2007Baja125

PostSubject: Re: Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State   Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State - Page 3 Icon_minitime5/18/2012, 2:22 pm

I don't know if this helps anyone here but I came across this today

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=308-94A&full=true

and I quote "(c) Is an off-road motorcycle as defined in chapter 46.04 RCW, you can license it for road use by complying with chapter 46.61 RCW and filing a motorcycle highway use declaration with the department;"

The motorcycle highway use declaration form can be found here http://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/420808.pdf
Back to top Go down
tod701

tod701

Bike : CRF250X

PostSubject: Re: Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State   Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State - Page 3 Icon_minitime5/20/2012, 2:52 pm

2007Baja125 wrote:
I don't know if this helps anyone here but I came across this today

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=308-94A&full=true

and I quote "(c) Is an off-road motorcycle as defined in chapter 46.04 RCW, you can license it for road use by complying with chapter 46.61 RCW and filing a motorcycle highway use declaration with the department;"

The motorcycle highway use declaration form can be found here http://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/420808.pdf

This has been in effect since 1-january-2012.

It is the result of the passage of 2011 Senate Bill SB5800.
Back to top Go down
tod701

tod701

PostSubject: Re: Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State   Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State - Page 3 Icon_minitime5/20/2012, 2:52 pm

RENO wrote:
as long as the WSP are convinced id say ewell done sir,,,lol

WSP does not and will not inspect converted dirt bikes.
Back to top Go down
tod701

tod701

PostSubject: Re: Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State   Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State - Page 3 Icon_minitime5/20/2012, 2:53 pm

Fast_Ed wrote:
No inspection!

Did you submit this form?

http://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/420808.pdf
Back to top Go down
Red Leader

PostSubject: me too   Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State - Page 3 Icon_minitime5/20/2012, 5:51 pm

Hey guys, Thank goodness we can do this now and thanks to all who made the sacrifice to get the law passed. I have been itching to order my equipment for converting and this week I will. For ten years I have kicked myself for not getting a bike with a plate, but I liked true off road just a bit more. So anyone out there do an 02 WR 250 F yet? What pit falls are awaiting me? I plan on a Baja kit as they seem most complete and "fool proof", just remember step #7 "some modification requiered". Nothing woth doing is ever easy...
Back to top Go down
tod701

tod701

PostSubject: Re: Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State   Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State - Page 3 Icon_minitime5/20/2012, 5:57 pm

Red Leader wrote:
What pit falls are awaiting me? I plan on a Baja kit as they seem most complete and "fool proof", just remember step #7 "some modification requiered". Nothing woth doing is ever easy...

One often overlooked issue is having enough power to have the headlight meet the brightness requirments at idle.

A new or re-wound stator may be needed.
Back to top Go down
Red Leader

PostSubject: Re: Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State   Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State - Page 3 Icon_minitime5/20/2012, 6:08 pm

Yes, the bike has 130 watt out put and has a "stock" 60/55 bulb. The bike also came stock with brake light wiring. The bike was in 2002, convertable in somewhere around 48 other states in the union. The whole thing was road leagal in most other places around the world. The head light has only two wires "stock" Baja kit runs the same light only with 3 wires to get the high beam...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State   Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plated Q and A for dirt bikes in Washington State
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3