PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Danny Macaskil

Go down 
AuthorMessage
T.Low

T.Low

Bike : 2010 GasGas EC 450

Danny Macaskil Empty
PostSubject: Danny Macaskil   Danny Macaskil Icon_minitime8/13/2010, 10:30 am

Being in the white water kayak business for too many years, I got burned out on "extreme" white water and mountain bike (and motorcycle for that matter) videos a long time ago.

Last year, someone's mom forwarded me a link to this Danny MaCaskill (sp?) video and it has turned out to be a favorite of mine. I usually have to watch it a few times in a row; there is just too much to catch in one viewing.

First off, it's just a great short film by film tech appreciation standards. The cinematography is great. The use of lighting, etc. The song fits it really well- and I actually have grown to like it instead of muting it as with many video soundtracks. It takes the jackass element out of if, and emphasises the art form. The choreogrpahy is great. He really uses a lot of what a given area has to offer to link stunts together.

You have to wonder how many takes he attempted before he finally latched the gate the normal way...and I like that they show that.

It's a couple years old, so many of you have probably seen it already, but no fourm video library is complete without this new classic. FWIW, I've read that Danny is the nephew of AVDRider owner Baldy.

He is an amazing talent. Just thinking about the learning curve makes me shutter.

Hope you like it half as much as I do.

I recomend watching it fullscreen ( or the plasma Danny Macaskil 99711 ).

Back to top Go down

Danny Macaskil
Page 1 of 1