PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

turn signals.. anyone without them?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

turn signals.. anyone without them? Empty
PostSubject: turn signals.. anyone without them?   turn signals.. anyone without them? Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 9:12 pm

Hey, I am looking at getting another plated XR250R... it doesn't have signals.. wa law says if the bike didn't come with signals it doesn't need them... I would really rather not put any on, if I can keep from being hassled. But I don't want to be pulled over all the time...

What say you, DSers?
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: turn signals.. anyone without them?   turn signals.. anyone without them? Icon_minitime8/18/2010, 6:55 am

I'm just guessing that's not quite right. I haven't read anything but am pretty sure it is still the law you must have turn signals.

Either way the more they crack down on us the more you will be hassled.
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: turn signals.. anyone without them?   turn signals.. anyone without them? Icon_minitime8/18/2010, 7:09 am

Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: turn signals.. anyone without them?   turn signals.. anyone without them? Icon_minitime8/18/2010, 7:42 am

Cool find. Now that I know where to find it, I'll never need it. :Slaphead:

*also remember, half if not more of your stuff isn't legal, but you never get hassled.
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

PostSubject: Re: turn signals.. anyone without them?   turn signals.. anyone without them? Icon_minitime8/18/2010, 10:36 am

http://home.ama-cycle.org/amaccess/laws/result.asp?state=wa

I'm going to ride and seee what happens first. Hand signaals are legal, but yeah youure right we don't want cops against us. First time I get pulled over for it ill put em on.
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

PostSubject: Re: turn signals.. anyone without them?   turn signals.. anyone without them? Icon_minitime8/18/2010, 10:40 am

Inspector wrote:
Cool find. Now that I know where to find it, I'll never need it. :Slaphead:

*also remember, half if not more of your stuff isn't legal, but you never get hassled.

Yah you're right.. I don't even have two mirrors lol. I've been pulled over for speeding and the trooper didn't say a word about the bike.
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

PostSubject: Re: turn signals.. anyone without them?   turn signals.. anyone without them? Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 10:36 pm

Well I broke down and got some turn signals... :Slaphead:

Thanks for the input, I am taking your advice
Back to top Go down
1clickhigh

PostSubject: Re: turn signals.. anyone without them?   turn signals.. anyone without them? Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 2:11 pm

I've ridden KTM's around Seattle for years without turn signals. (probobly why I forget to turn mine off now that I have bike with them)

As long as you use hand signals and don't ride at night I think you are ok. At least here in WA state anyway.
Back to top Go down
dunkan

dunkan

Bike : 07 Honda 250X, Christini AWD

PostSubject: Re: turn signals.. anyone without them?   turn signals.. anyone without them? Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 9:51 pm

I dont have em on my bikes, Ive never been stoped, I have herd you dont have to have signals unless your out at night, altho if you have signals they must work, so dont have broken signals, because if they are obviously broken, or not working, you,ll probably get hasseled...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: turn signals.. anyone without them?   turn signals.. anyone without them? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

turn signals.. anyone without them?
Page 1 of 1