PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

u tube

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ol guy

ol guy

Bike : 06- KLX 351

u tube Empty
PostSubject: u tube   u tube Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 1:47 pm

Anyone have any ideas why u tube will only play a few seconds at a time on my computer?
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

u tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: u tube   u tube Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 2:37 pm

Sad slow internet connection?

Does it play for a few seconds then stop and say "buffering" or a little circle twirly thingy like its loading something?

If so, you might check your internet connection speed. You can goooooogle "internet speed test" and test your connection.

Hope this helps lurk
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

u tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: u tube   u tube Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 2:39 pm

internets is AWESOME. I learned how to cook mashed potatoes 2 night ago!!

*yeah, shut-up. I just didn't know how long to boil them.
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

u tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: u tube   u tube Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 2:45 pm

Inspector wrote:
internets is AWESOME. I learned how to cook mashed potatoes 2 night ago!!

*yeah, shut-up. I just didn't know how long to boil them.

* Sleep
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

u tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: u tube   u tube Icon_minitime8/29/2010, 4:34 pm

ol guy wrote:
Anyone have any ideas why u tube will only play a few seconds at a time on my computer?

Did you figure it out?
Back to top Go down
ol guy

ol guy

Bike : 06- KLX 351

u tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: u tube   u tube Icon_minitime8/30/2010, 1:56 am

No didn't figure it out. It worked ok tonight. Download was 1545kbps and upload was 377 kbps. Haven't a clue what that all means.
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

u tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: u tube   u tube Icon_minitime8/30/2010, 1:12 pm

ol guy wrote:
No didn't figure it out. It worked ok tonight. Download was 1545kbps and upload was 377 kbps. Haven't a clue what that all means.

That sounds like pretty standard numbers for a DSL internet provider. You might try clearing your history and cache in explorer or firefox. Videos get buffered (stored) in your computer's memory as they play. They are also reading/writing to your history and cache (like an electronic breadcrumb trail inside your computer).

Sometimes, like on my 7 year old pentium laptop, it helps a lot if I clear my web surfing and history. Speeds things up while surfing the internet by a lot.

Think of it as like getting a stuffy nose that kind of has you kind of breathing hard. After you blow out your snot locker, you can breath through your nose again. :Slaphead:

To clear cache/history in firefox
Tools/Options/Clear Recent History (a window will pop up)/select everything if you don't mind clearing stored passwords, form data etc then hit "clear now"

NOTE: don't yell at me if you clear site preferences and active logins... personally, nowadays I think it is unsafe to let your internet browser store login passwords. I've seen too many people get hacked by using the same passwords in multiple accounts that are stored automatically. :2cents:

If you use explorer
Tools, internet options (window pops up), general tab, delete history button, choose what to delete (delete all with same caviat as above about auto logins and stuff)

tough Well I hope this helps. Clearing the cache and temporary internet files is always a good way to "unclog" an internet browser. Some more advanced functions would be to allow more RAM memory for the program, install more RAM... or even better upgrade to a high bandwidth internet service provider like cable broadband. Broadband can get you up to 8000kbps (8mbs) but uploads for non-commercial will always be about 350kbps uploads.

Hope this helps

griz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

u tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: u tube   u tube Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

u tube
Page 1 of 1