PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here's A Big Shout Out To All You Good Folks, From Dry Shitties !!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dhally

Here's A Big Shout Out To All You Good Folks, From Dry Shitties !! Empty
PostSubject: Here's A Big Shout Out To All You Good Folks, From Dry Shitties !!   Here's A Big Shout Out To All You Good Folks, From Dry Shitties !! Icon_minitime1/17/2009, 8:20 pm

I've lived in Kennewick for about 13 years now. In that time, I've had a DR350, KLX650, XR400. When I got rid of the XR400 it took two bikes to replace it, thus my current rides. OBTW I need to sell the XR80 my daughter isn't riding anymore.

I grew up in Central Oregon and started riding on a Kawasaki 90 at 14, then a Kawasaki F7 175, Hodaka 100 Super Rat, Yamaha DT250, Honda 400-4, Hodaka Road Toad and a 1980 Honda XR250. So really not that many bikes, mainly dirt bikes.

Having gotten knee surgery in November, I am trying to hold off riding until at least late May, probably for the Hell's Canyon ride.
Back to top Go down
Relaytech

Relaytech

PostSubject: Re: Here's A Big Shout Out To All You Good Folks, From Dry Shitties !!   Here's A Big Shout Out To All You Good Folks, From Dry Shitties !! Icon_minitime1/17/2009, 11:13 pm

Welcome aboard! It must be hard to wait that long to ride!
Back to top Go down
Backwoods Boogie
Backwoods Boogie

Bike : XR650R - Concours 14

PostSubject: Re: Here's A Big Shout Out To All You Good Folks, From Dry Shitties !!   Here's A Big Shout Out To All You Good Folks, From Dry Shitties !! Icon_minitime1/18/2009, 12:01 am

Welcome Dhally!

How's the GasGas?

Here's A Big Shout Out To All You Good Folks, From Dry Shitties !! 134984077_ALCtJ-L
Back to top Go down
dhally

PostSubject: Re: Here's A Big Shout Out To All You Good Folks, From Dry Shitties !!   Here's A Big Shout Out To All You Good Folks, From Dry Shitties !! Icon_minitime1/21/2009, 4:57 pm

Backwoods Boogie wrote:
Welcome Dhally!

How's the GasGas?

Here's A Big Shout Out To All You Good Folks, From Dry Shitties !! 134984077_ALCtJ-L

Well it may not be quite so shiny any more... I went on a pretty rugged trail ride in Idaho last summer. Also the first few times I rode it I seemed to loop it occasionally. But overall it is a great trail bike and not bad on dirt roads either.
Back to top Go down
riverside

PostSubject: Re: Here's A Big Shout Out To All You Good Folks, From Dry Shitties !!   Here's A Big Shout Out To All You Good Folks, From Dry Shitties !! Icon_minitime1/21/2009, 11:46 pm

Dahlly, sorry to hear about the surgery and I hope you are recovering quickly. Rode with you in the blues and had a great time. I just dropped in on this deal and read you have a Gas Gas 300. What's the story? Good bike? Considering moving from the KTM 2 stroke to the Gas Gas. Not sure if the 300 can make me feel as good as my 380 but from what I hear the suspension is waaaay better. Any opinions?

Michael
Back to top Go down
dhally

PostSubject: Re: Here's A Big Shout Out To All You Good Folks, From Dry Shitties !!   Here's A Big Shout Out To All You Good Folks, From Dry Shitties !! Icon_minitime1/22/2009, 8:17 am

riverside wrote:
Dahlly, sorry to hear about the surgery and I hope you are recovering quickly. Rode with you in the blues and had a great time. I just dropped in on this deal and read you have a Gas Gas 300. What's the story? Good bike? Considering moving from the KTM 2 stroke to the Gas Gas. Not sure if the 300 can make me feel as good as my 380 but from what I hear the suspension is waaaay better. Any opinions?

Michael

hey Michael, the knee is healing well but just playing it safe to avoid more surgery (lol).

I've never ridden a KTM 380 but the GasGas 300 has plenty of power. It's kind of deceiving -- it doesn't feel like huge torque right off idle but I've launched it a couple times when I twitched my wrist, so the to power is there. I think moving to such a light and short bike has taken some getting used to.

The 300 has quite a bit of vibration and noise. The suspension is good although I haven't resprung it for my weight. It doesn't like to be ridden slow - you have to bang it off roots, rocks and berms to make the suspension work. I'm pretty sure the 250 would have worked fine for me.

The biggest issue is noise. The bike is just plain noisy. I think you can get better silencers, but it doesn't cure the problem. Mine is a 2005, maybe the newer 08-09 models are quieter. My buddy's KTM200 is a LOT quieter, and so are the KTM 300's I've heard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's A Big Shout Out To All You Good Folks, From Dry Shitties !!   Here's A Big Shout Out To All You Good Folks, From Dry Shitties !! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here's A Big Shout Out To All You Good Folks, From Dry Shitties !!
Page 1 of 1