PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tent Pole Mod How To

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Focker

Focker

Tent Pole Mod How To Empty
PostSubject: Tent Pole Mod How To   Tent Pole Mod How To Icon_minitime1/24/2009, 10:51 am

I have a tent that I'm happy with but the pole sections are 24" long. I found tension pins at the hardware store today that were the perfect size for my project.

I needed 1/4" X 2" for my poles.
Tent Pole Mod How To Picture003fm2

I took a screwdriver and widened the gap in the tension pin. Drill a hole in but not through a block wood to hold the pin for you.
Tent Pole Mod How To Pictureyl2

With one end widened it's a tight fit putting in inside the pole. The other end remains small enough for the pole to slip over like it's intended to.
Tent Pole Mod How To Picture004na6

Once I run the shock cord through I'll have cut my poles down to about 14" making it more compact for packing.

* BONUS TIP *
Since there is a split in the tension pin you can just stretch the shock cord thin enough to snap into the pin tube! When cutting down the aluminum rod just be careful not to go crazy and cut the cord...No need to fish new cord through a tiny tube!

Finished product packs down to 6.5" X 15".
Tent Pole Mod How To Picture006kx4
Back to top Go down
http://www.xr650rforum.com
C Denny Run*

C Denny Run*

Bike : 2011 DRZ400s

Tent Pole Mod How To Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tent Pole Mod How To   Tent Pole Mod How To Icon_minitime6/14/2011, 6:42 am

That's pretty nifty! very clever. I hate riding with SH*@ protruding off my pack! I'll definitely have to keep this in mind.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

Tent Pole Mod How To
Page 1 of 1