PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Changing the jets -HNT-

Go down 
+2
Shane
Inspector
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Changing the jets -HNT- Empty
PostSubject: Changing the jets -HNT-   Changing the jets -HNT- Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 8:50 pm

Took my carb out and apart to see what jets I have in there. Was going to leave it apart and order what I needed. Friend PM's me and says "lets ride saturday". I get all excited and put the darn thing all together just to find out I missed which saturday. I still had 3weeks. So I order some parts and after they came in started to take apart the carb one more time.

I decide to unplug my fuel hose at the bottom so I can drain the tank a little.
Changing the jets -HNT- DSCF1730

Yeah, the stupid thing rips. Didn't have the gas can ready and now I also find out the petcock doesn't seal...so I have gas leaking all over. Also have it leaking on my slippers.

After taking the needle and slide out I notice the spring and brass cap. The new parts on the right don't have that. Am I supposed to use the old?? Nobody told me about that?
Changing the jets -HNT- DSCF1729

Even if I was supposed to use the old parts...they don't fit. Hole in the holder is smaller so the spring and brass cap don't fit inside. I'm going to assume you do not use the old parts. Lets hope I'm right
Changing the jets -HNT- DSCF1728

As I'm changing out the jets also something hits my foot. I look down and see my chain dangling. Seems as thou the master clip is missing. baldy
Changing the jets -HNT- DSCF1731

Well I get it all back together and can't even start the engine to see how she idles cause I need a new fuel line! Couldn't even run her if I had the fuel line cause I have no working chain!!
Went inside and ate dinner. Seems as thou the wife didn't like me stinking up dinner with the gas smell emanating off my slippers. Doah
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: Changing the jets -HNT-   Changing the jets -HNT- Icon_minitime9/14/2011, 7:28 pm

lurk did you loose the clip at Naches ? Needle in a hay stack ! scared
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: Changing the jets -HNT-   Changing the jets -HNT- Icon_minitime9/15/2011, 7:45 am

Nope....Naches is a DS ride so took the WR.

So I call the dealership and order a petcock. The one thing I really don't need to have the bike running baldy Hopefully it's in Saturday at the latest. Then I can pick up a clip (maybe a spare too) and also beg for a fuel line.

Found an old piece of hose laying around my house. Should be ok just to start the bike and try and set the idle and air.
Back to top Go down
PeteN95

PeteN95

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: Re: Changing the jets -HNT-   Changing the jets -HNT- Icon_minitime9/16/2011, 12:20 pm

Any auto parts store should have fuel line and remember to safety wire or silicone the clip!
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: Changing the jets -HNT-   Changing the jets -HNT- Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 12:09 pm

Well....I give up. Not a clue how it's supposed to run.

*frustration runs DEEP in this one.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: Changing the jets -HNT-   Changing the jets -HNT- Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 3:24 pm

yea!!! now my truck is dead. Gahhh Gahhh

*actually it's kinda funny
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: Changing the jets -HNT-   Changing the jets -HNT- Icon_minitime9/18/2011, 6:45 am

Bummer man. lurk

Wonder whats next
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
Enduroguy

Enduroguy

Bike : 08 KTM 530 EXC-R

PostSubject: Re: Changing the jets -HNT-   Changing the jets -HNT- Icon_minitime9/19/2011, 6:00 am

Hang in there Inspector, you will get it all sorted out. Been there Suspect Doah
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/enduroguy35
Rippn

PostSubject: Re: Changing the jets -HNT-   Changing the jets -HNT- Icon_minitime11/10/2011, 11:11 pm

HANG IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I went to clean a filter... airbox has SAND IN IT...DIRTY SMELLY "new" bike... end'd up tear'n the entire subframe off to remove the box. Ended up preasure wash'n the boxboot, while wait'n for a junk pizza, at cold:30...
Bwhaahahahahahahahahahaaahahahahahaahahaahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
never did get to the aux flywheel install...
spent most of the day, sort'n the yesterday brake job at Schwabbies ... it's now, WORSE YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bwhahahahahahahahahaahaaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Try'n to get spockets, chain, airbox clean/ new filter, fork/engine oil changed on a 86 XR600r...
and flywheel, box, filter... then decent starting on a "new" 90 CR500... all by Sun... and I'm getting the CRUD WORSE, minute by minute... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hang in there...
FREE and clean, Ripp'n
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing the jets -HNT-   Changing the jets -HNT- Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changing the jets -HNT-
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: General Bike Discussion-
Jump to: