PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane

Go down 
+2
craig2211
Hodakaguy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane Empty
PostSubject: Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane   Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane Icon_minitime10/11/2011, 3:14 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
craig2211

craig2211

Bike : 2016 KTM 500 EXC 6-days

PostSubject: Re: Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane   Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane Icon_minitime10/11/2011, 6:52 pm

what do you think was wrong with the plane? He was able to start it a few times, but was unable to keep it running. I find it funny the passenger was calm all the way to the ground untill the pilot came close to the telephone poll.
Back to top Go down
Inconceivable

Inconceivable

Bike : 2010 KTM 530 EXC

PostSubject: Re: Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane   Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane Icon_minitime10/11/2011, 6:56 pm

Where do I even start. They are very lucky as there are usally power lines across most city roads like the one they landed on. It looks like to me they ran out of fuel as the engine would fire up for a little while and die as it ran out. Lastly I fly high enough to leave myself some outs from what I could see there was not really any place to go other than the road ( The glide ratio on that airplane did not look that good).

I will say he did fly the plane to the gound and not let the airplane stall and his passenger did a great job calling out spots and keeping calm.
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane   Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane Icon_minitime10/11/2011, 8:32 pm

Old KTM gas! Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane 84165
Back to top Go down
novocaine

Bike : 11 ktm 530 XcW six days

PostSubject: Re: Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane   Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane Icon_minitime10/18/2011, 5:12 pm

Yamaha engine in that plane. Hear how it stalls out?
Back to top Go down
Inconceivable

Inconceivable

Bike : 2010 KTM 530 EXC

PostSubject: Re: Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane   Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane Icon_minitime10/19/2011, 4:49 am

novocaine wrote:
Yamaha engine in that plane.

Hear how it stalls out?
Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane 234168
Back to top Go down
mjn

mjn

Bike : '03 KLR 650

PostSubject: Re: Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane   Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane Icon_minitime12/11/2011, 1:37 pm

novocaine wrote:
Yamaha engine in that plane. Hear how it stalls out?

Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane 234168
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane   Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inside the cockpit during an emergency landing in a light plane
Page 1 of 1